fifty-three

Waking up the next morning I was exhausted since I didn't sleep much. I was so nervous about going to Seattle again. Things didn't necessarily go well last time I was there. I just have to keep in mind I'm doing this for Kiana. She's getting married and I'm going to support her.

Finally dragging myself out of bed I get ready for my morning of travelling. It didn't really consist of much, I wasn't doing my makeup for travelling and it's all already packed.

Carrying my luggage down the stairs quietly wasn't easy. I knew my roommates would be hungover so it was best to not wake them up. Hungover people can be assholes.

I softly chuckle as I see Ashton passed out on the couch in his clothes from the night before. Except he's missing his shirt and a shoe, I'm sure I'll hear the story later.

Leaving my luggage by the door, I head to the kitchen. I grab a glass of water, quickly drinking before I grab a snack. I call for a car to the airport.

When the car finally arrives I make sure I have my things and just outside. Kiana sends me a text once I'm in the car.

'hey Kels!!!!! I'll see you in a few hours!!! I'll be at the airport when you get here!!!!'

I smile at the text, glad she remembered.

'perfect!! I'm so excited :)'

Sighing I turn up my music and put my phone back in my pocket.

I don't want to even think about all that's going to happen in Seattle over these next two weeks. I'm just going to focus on my flight.

-

When I finally arrive in Seattle and get my luggage, I quickly rush out to find Kiana. All my anxieties were washed away at this moment because I was just so happy to see her.

"Kelsey, baby girl!" Kiana yells, her arms open as I rush towards her.

"Hey, Kiana!" I smile, letting go of my bag to hug her.

"I'm so happy you're here. I'm so happy to see you!"

"Kiana, you're getting married in just over a week, me being here shouldn't be this exciting." I laugh, shaking my head at her.

"I still have time to be excited about that! It's time for us to go back to your hotel and catch up." She says, pulling my luggage for me as we walk off.

I follow Kiana as we dodge people while making our way out of the airport.

I'm nervous to get to that conversation, because I never told her about how I'm no longer pregnant. It's not going to be an easy thing to come out and say.

"How are things?" I ask her, "I assume wedding things are all in place?"

"Yeah! So far things are going well! I'm so excited. Everything is so awesome right now!" She smiles, as we head to the hotel.

I'm staying closer to downtown, since that's closer to the wedding location. The problem with that is I'm not very far from Luke's place. It wouldn't be difficult for me to show up there. I don't know why I would, but just having the opportunity to is stressful. When he finds out where I'm staying there's no stopping him from showing up.

"Anyways, I've been talking so much about the wedding, I'm over it." She tells me as we get out of the car and head into the hotel.

"Yeah, I can give you an update on my life when we get upstairs." I tell her, before I head to the desk to check in.

After checking in we head upstairs in silence. I have to tell her now. She'll ask if I don't say anything.

Walking into the room I quickly look around. It's nothing special. There wasn't a minibar at this one, thankfully. Placing my luggage against the wall I go sit on the bed, patting the spot next to me for Kiana go come sit.

"So, before you even ask about it, I wanna get this out of the way. I- uh, I lost the baby." I tell her, my eyes starting to water.

"Oh, Kels, I'm so sorry."

"I know your wedding is so soon, but, I obviously had to tell you."

"No, the wedding doesn't matter right now. Fuck. This sucks. I'm so sorry." She sniffles, trying not to cry for my sake. She moves closer to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I mean, I know it would've been hard. It would've been so hard to have a baby right now. But, I was starting to get excited, you know?"

"Oh, Kels... I wish I could make this better."

I sigh, "That's the problem. I can't make it better. Nobody can. I just have to deal with it. I promise for your wedding I'll block it out. I'll be okay. I'm already doing better than when it happened. Nina has been such a great help."

"How did Ashton react? Are you guys okay?"

"Uh, I had never got around to telling him I was pregnant before I lost the baby. So I told him afterwards. He was upset. He yelled at me but Nina came. It's okay. We spoke about it later on. He cried a bit." I tell her.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. I wish I could've been there for you." Kiana replies, reaching out to grab my hands.

"I really am doing okay, though. I thought I'd still be more torn up. I mean, I am still hurting, but it's nowhere like when it first happened."

"If you need anything while here, you can come to me. Okay?"

I nod, "I really appreciate it."

"Do you want to stay at my house tonight? My parents miss you so much. They'd love to see you."

"I think I need to be alone tonight."

"Come to dinner, at least. Kels, you're never in Seattle. I already want you to be around all the time. This just makes me want to be around you even more to make sure you're okay." She pleads, grabbing my hands.

I pause for a moment, before nodding, "Okay, yeah. I'll come to dinner."

She smiles, quickly hugging me, "I'm glad."

"I needed this. I'm glad I'm here with you. Spending the day with Calum tomorrow is going to be great. I'm okay." I weakly smile.

"Aw, I love you. I'm here if you need anything at all."

"Thanks. I'd just like to maybe not talk about all that for a little while."

"So, I can let you get settled and come back to get you for dinner, or you can come with me to see Harrison and pick up some wedding things before going back to my parents place for dinner?"

"I'd love to come along with you, if that's okay." I reply.

"Yes, of course!" She smiles,

"Is it okay if I just put on a bit of makeup and change out of these sweats?" I chuckle, standing up from my spot on the bed.

"Go ahead! I'm not in any rush." She smiles, making herself comfortable as I grab my bag to take it into the bathroom.

Closing the bathroom door behind me, I do my best to rush through my makeup and putting on a presentable outfit. I don't want to keep her waiting.

"Okay, I'm good to go!" I smile, approaching her.

"Great! How do you make yourself look so good in ten minutes?" She questions, standing up and walking Iver to me.

"I don't look good, but thanks." I chuckle, grabbing my purse and my phone.

"Ready for some errands?"

I take a deep breath, trying to hold myself together. The anxiety about being in Seattle is back, but I'm not going to let it thing my time here. "I'm ready, let's go."

_______________________

thank u to the few of u that have commented throughout this book it makes me feel better about it 🥺