sixty-eight

The past few days has been Ashton and I prepping for the trip. He's been booking things that need to be booked and taking care of pretty much everything. He's the one who knows what he's doing so I'm letting take control of it.

"So, we've pretty much got everything ready. I know I said I'll show you around the city but I'm just planning to take you to the typical attractions since you've never been before." Ashton explains, moving from his desk to join me on his bed.

"Yeah, of course! Ash, I'm gonna have a great time no matter what. We could sit at your house the whole time and I'd still have a great time with your family."

"Trust me, it's the first time you'll be in New York, you're not going to want to sit in my house in the Queens suburbs." Ashton replies, chuckling at me. "As much as I'd do anything to avoid tourists, I do want to show you the city."

"Okay! I trust you. Whatever you wanna do, I'm in." I laugh, resting my head on his shoulder.

He takes a deep breath, "I can't believe we're leaving tomorrow."

"It's gonna be so fun! I can't wait to finally meet your mom, oh my god."

"Why are you more excited to meet her than anything else?" Ashton exclaims, shaking his head at me.

"She seems so great! I'm excited for you to show me around too, don't worry." I laugh, wrapping my arms around him, cuddling into him.

"She's excited to meet you too. Considering how much I've talked about you."

"Aw, I can't wait." I smile, closing my eyes.

"Kels, don't sleep. You still having to finish packing." Ashton chuckles, gently squeezing me.

I groan, just snuggling into him instead.

"Kels!" He laughs, forcing me to sit up as he does.

Groaning again, I sigh, "Fine!"

"I'll help, come on." He chuckles, grabbing my hand to pull me up. Ashton doesn't let go of my hand once I'm up, he pulls me along to my room.

"I did actually start packing a bit. I just don't want to right now."

"Well, we have to. Come on. Let's go." Ashton says, grabbing my suitcase and waiting for me to start filling it.

I sigh, continuing to finish my packing. Ashton helps, I throw things to pack on my bed, he then folds it to be packed.

"I'm so excited!" I cheer, getting a sudden burst of energy.

Ashton laughs, "It's gonna be so much fun. I can't wait for tomorrow."

"I know! You're gonna lose it spending every single second with me."

"Well, you'll be by yourself when I'm at the wedding, but I'll be leaving early. I'd much rather hang out with you than at that wedding."

"You don't have to leave early for me."

He shrugs, "I know I'll want to. Trust me, I don't need to hang around all of my family. They're too much."

"Okay. I just want to make sure."

"Don't worry! I'd rather be with you. I've got a lot of places to bring you while we're there." Ashton replies.

"Tomorrow is going to be great." I smile.

-

"Kels, come on!" Ashton yells, as I rush down the stairs.

"We'll make it on time, relax!" I exclaim, leaving my luggage at the door.

"We gotta leave soon, are you ready?"