sixty-nine

Last night, or, early this morning technically, Ashton took me to Times Square. Something about standing there at two in the morning as people rushed around as if it was the middle of the day was so exciting.

We eventually made it back to Ashton's place, though we didn't sleep much. We were now at a cafe around the corner from Ashton's high school.

"I love being here. Like I said, seeing you like this is so much fun." I tell Ashton, smiling at him.

"Well, we're going to spend the rest of the day doing tourist things again. I have the wedding coming up, but then we have a couple days after that as well."

"Okay, perfect! I can't wait." I smile. I look down at my phone, seeing a notification from Luke, and my smile drops.

"Luke?"

"Yeah." I sigh. "I really wish I could just talk things out with him. I don't even know how to talk things out with him." 

"You two do need to talk it out, and I know it's not easy. But I promise that you two will figure it out. You're situation really isn't easy. We came here to distract you so let's do that! We'll head home so we can get ready to go be tourists again."

I nod, "Yes, okay. Let's do that."

The two of us head back to Ashton's house, to quickly get ready. It doesn't take long, since we were pretty much ready to go.

-

Ashton and I were in the city, taking the subway to to get to the next place he was taking me. I honestly wasn't paying much attention since I was just focused on dodging people in the crowd.

When we get back out to the busy streets, Ashton holds my hand as we walk through the streets. I try to take in everything around me as we walk, there's so much happening around me that I can barely soak it all in.

"Okay, here." Ashton smiles, as we arrive at Rockefeller Center. "Every tourist comes here."

"Obviously!"

"We're doing top of the rock, so you can get your basic tourist pictures."

"I love it."

"We've got a busy day so we're not gonna be long here. I wanna get as much in before the wedding in a couple days." Ashton tells me as he leads me to where we need to go.

"Of course. I'm so excited for anything. Literally anywhere you bring me will impress me." I tell him, still just letting him lead me wherever.

When we finally get to the top, I couldn't help but smile as I take in the view around me.

"I can't believe you lived here." I tell him as he walks up beside me.

He shrugs, "I mean, you saw where I lived, it's not exactly like this. We literally live in Los Angeles now."

"But it's so different there. I don't know." I reply, taking pictures of the view.

"Yeah, I get it."

"Are you planning to see your friends?" I ask, as we walk across the observation deck.

He shrugs, "I don't know yet. We'll see. You're more important, so."

"I appreciate that, but you don't come home often! See your friends!" I tell him.

Ashton just shrugs again in response.

Once we're finished with our little tourist attraction, Ashton guides me along the busy streets to our next stop.

"Where are we going?" I giggle, as Ashton drags me through the crowd in Times Square.