eighty-four

"Calum!" I exclaim, as he walks into the living room of his and Luke's place.

"Um, yes?" He asks, sitting down on the chair on an angle from where Luke and I are on the couch.

"Will you ever let me hear what you're currently working on?" I ask him, very curious.

"No."

"Why not?" I question.

"Because. I don't know."

"I wanna hear it!"

"I really don't want you guys to hear it." He softly laughs.

"So what happens when somebody records and releases any of the songs you write on, Cal? Are we never going to hear them?"

Calum shrugs. "I'll cross that bridge when we get there. It won't be anytime soon, so..."

"Is it all because it's all personal or something? Is it because Kelsey will try to be your therapist? Because I'll stop her." Luke laughs, joking around.

"Hey!" I exclaim, rolling my eyes.

"I mean, a lot of things I write are personal, yeah..."

"What are you being so weird for? We're your friends, we obviously won't judge you. We're really proud of you." I tell him, hoping that he understands we just want to support him.

"Honestly, yeah, I pull inspiration from my lived experiences. However, you two have had an interesting few years, obviously I'm going to pull from that. Watching Luke go through those emotions will literally be stuck with me forever. Of course I'm going to use that." 

"Glad the few years of hell I went through is inspiring for you." Luke mutters, somewhat offended, but also joking around with Calum.

"This is why I'm not letting you hear anything!" Calum chuckles.

I playfully smack Luke, not wanting him to upset Calum. "I'm not mad about it! I love it, I wanna hear the things you write one day."

Calum shrugs, "I'll think about it."

"Again, eventually we'll hear it when it's released."

"If anything I write ever is." He reminds us, shrugging his shoulders again.

"It will be!" I exclaim.

"Cal, your prof literally connected you with some important people out here. We'll be hearing your stuff in no time." Luke tells him.

Calum sighs, "I'm going back to my room, I didn't not come out here to get bullied."

"No, Cal!" I call, as I pout at him.

"I have to get ready to go out, it's fine." Calum tells them, walking off to his room.

After a few moments of silence I finally speak up. "Can we go cuddle in your bed?"

Luke chuckles, "I think we can do that, yeah."

He gets up, holding his hand out to me. I take his hand, and he pulls me up, before letting go and rushing off to his room.

"Calum writing about our lives is cute, isn't it?" I ask as I trail behind Luke to his room.

"I don't need to relive the worst depressive episode of my life through his music, but I get why he's doing it." Luke chuckles, just knowing Calum's written stuff inspired by how fucking depressed he was when we first broke up. I get it, it would make for some great songs.

"He better pay us back by writing us a really fucking good wedding song. One specifically about us." I tell him, as I climb into bed with him.

"Still thinking about marrying me, huh?" Luke smirks at me, before holding his arms out to me.