fifty-six

"Ashton! Can we talk? How busy are you?" I ask him over FaceTime, watching him as he curls up in his bed.

"I've got time. What's up?"

"I hung out with Luke yesterday." I tell him.

"Oh? How'd that go?"

I pause, smiling at the thought of last night, "Really well, actually."

"Really?" He asks, sounding surprised.

"Yeah. We hung out at his place, had dinner together... I actually enjoyed myself."

"Wow. That's great, Kels!" He cheers, smiling at me.

"So, there's something I want to talk to you about. He made an offer."

"What kind of offer?" He asks, seeming concerned.

"I told him this trip is going to cost me a lot and that's why I need to find a job as soon as possible. He said that if I wanted to save money I could check out of this hotel and stay with him." I explain, letting out a small sigh.

"Didn't you already pay?"

"Only for this hotel so far. I'm only here a couple more days, then I'm switching to a different one. Kiana asked me to stay here a couple nights, this is where all the out of town guests are staying. But it's fucking expensive so that's why I'm switching. I can cancel my actual one still."

"Kels, is you feel like you could handle staying with Luke, go ahead. You already seem to be thinking about it. It isn't my decision to make." He tells me, shrugging his shoulders.

"I know that. I just need to know, if you think it's a bad idea."

"No. I think it may be good for you to spend that time with him to figure out what you want." He replies,

I nod, processing for a moment, "Okay. Yeah."

"So you're going to stay at his place?"

"I think so? It'll save me money and I can see what's going on with Luke. Yeah. I will."

"Great, Kels! You can call me at any time if you need."

"Thanks, Ashton." I smile at him.

We quickly catch up before I end the call, I open my texts with Luke.

'hey!!! if your offer is still available, I'd like to take you up on it'

'of course :-) let me know when you're ready!'

I smile, putting my phone down, and curling up in the bed.

Staying with Luke is a bit scary, but again, it could be good for us. I've been trying to figure out how I feel about Luke, maybe this will help.

Honestly, I really don't know how I feel about him. It's like I hate him but I also feel like have feelings for him at the same time. I wish I could know what would be the right thing to do.

When my phone rings as I'm half asleep, I jolt up, quickly answering it.

"Hello?"

"Kelsey!"

"Kiana, hi! What's up?"

"Were you sleeping?" She questions, speaking quickly.

"Almost. I probably shouldn't nap though." I lightly chuckle.

"I'm sorry! All the girls are meeting to get their bridesmaid dresses. Going to double check they all fit."

"Oh, yeah, okay."