seven

Class is dismissed, and I quickly close my laptop. I'd never stay in a classroom any longer than I need to. I shuffle out of class in a hurry along with everybody else, it's Friday so nobody wants to hang around here. With a quiet sigh, I find someplace to sit to call Michael.

"Hey, I know you're calling to see if I'm here. I am. You know where to meet me." He chuckles.

I smile, a small laugh escaping my lips, "Okay, I'll see you in a few minutes."

Ending the call, I start my walk to meet up with Michael. Students are rushing all around as I make my trek across half the campus.

When I get there, Michael is standing outside his car, leaned up against it as he waits for me. He doesn't notice me at first, as he is typing on his phone, the rest of the world tuned out for a moment.

He looks up and spots me, a smile stretching across his face as he does, "Hey."

I smile, pecking his lips, "Hi!"

He grabs my bag of stuff for overnight in my hand, putting it in the backseat as I take my school bag and place it with the other. We both get in the car, Michael takes his one hand and reaches over to grab my hand with a smile on his face.

I laugh, "You're really happy today."

He chuckles, as he begins to drive, "I'm glad you're staying tonight."

"Yeah, me too." I tell him.

Michael has offered for me to stay at his place a few times now. But I've never been able to bring myself to most times. I have twice before. It's been a while since the last time though. He knows I want to take things slow with him, but it's been hard because we've known each other for so long. We skipped the beginning awkward phase.

Once back at Michael's apartment, I put my stuff down and look over at him, "We need to eat. Like soon."

"I know. Come here. I'll order soon." He says, pulling me onto the couch with him.

Cuddling into him I quickly end up falling asleep.

-

"Hey, Kels. Wake up. I ordered us dinner." Michael laughs as he tries to wake me up.

"Hmm? Yeah. What time is it?" I mumble, a yawn escaping my lips as I stretch out.

"Almost eight. I'll be in the kitchen, take your time, babe." He tells me, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

He walks out, and I groan, shuffling in my spot. Though I didn't want to get up, I knew I had to. Finally sitting up, I stand and make my way over to Michael in the kitchen.

"Did your test go well today?" I ask him, before beginning to eat.

He nods, waiting until he's done chewing and swallows before answering, "I actually think I did well. I really hope I did well."

"I'm sure you did, bub. You always think you're going to do bad, but you do great." I laugh, smiling over at him.

"Not always!" He exclaims with a small laugh.

"I was honestly going to study tonight, but I forgot to bring my other textbook." I tell him.

"You don't live far, we could go pick it up if you really need." He chuckles.

I shake my head, "I don't need it that bad. Kyle is having a party, sort of, anyways."

"Oh, okay. Well, we're going to binge-watch That 70s Show tonight, right?" Michael asks.

"Obviously." I reply, a smile across my face.

The two of us have been watching That 70s Show together recently. I watched two episodes without him and he was extremely offended. Then he watched an episode without me and I was offended. So now we only watch it when we're together.