six

"Ashton, when are you done?"

He looks up from the papers he's shuffling around with, "Uh, not much is happening today so I'm being sent home early after finishing inventory."

"I'll wait for you in the back office, okay?"

"It'll be a while until I'm done..."

"I know. That's okay, I can wait." I smile, finishing packing my bag.

Ashton grins, "I mean, as long as you're sure."

This conversation happened often when Ashton and I were working similar hours. One of us would say they'd wait for the other, but we'd double check every time.

While I waited in the back room, I pulled out my textbook to get some reading done. Until Michael sent me a text.

'Hey babe, Ashton invited me over for dinner, you guys need me to grab anything on my way over?'

'No, it's okay, bub'

'Okay, see you soon'

It didn't feel like Ashton was working for much longer when he walks into the room. He doesn't take long to gather his things, before pulling me up from my seat.

"Okay, okay." I mutter, following him out onto campus.

"Michael is heading over soon, right?" Ashton asks, as we walk to where the car is. Technically it's Kyle's car, but if he doesn't have plans he lets us use it if we need to.

I nod, the two of us getting into the silver vehicle. Ashton puts the keys in the ignition starting the car, so we can head home. Honestly, I don't know why we drove. Ashton hates driving in the city, rightfully so, and we normally take public transit anyways.

"God, nobody knows how to fucking drive!" Ashton exclaims, groaning as he falls back into his seat in frustration as we stay idling in our place in traffic.

"Ash, honey. you're from New York. It's worse there." I laugh, unable to hold back as I watch him.

He rolls his eyes, "True. But still!"

We sat in traffic for a short while, the two of us discussing our day. I had a class this morning, and he had one a couple hours later before we both had to come work.

"Finally, fuck." Ashton groans, parking the car in its spot.

"You need to relax." I laugh, the two of us making our way inside the building.

"Hey, guys. Michael's here." Kyle mumbles as he walks past us, heading to his room with a bunch of snacks in his hands.

"Thanks, Kyle." Michael laughs as he walks over to us.

"Hey, bub." I smile, quickly pecking Michael's lips.

"Disgusting." Ashton mutters, shaking his head as he walks into the kitchen.

"I literally saw you with some girl and your hand down her pants the other night, you can't talk!" I exclaim, getting tired of Ashton's comments, though they were always made out of love.

Michael grimaces, "What the fuck?"

"Right? He decided getting started on the couch was better than in his room." I tell him as he waits for me to finish putting my things away.

"It's the thrill of it all, it's my house too and you can't stop me!" Ashton calls from the kitchen, making me roll my eyes.

"Exactly, it's my house too. So, don't be gross in open spaces, 'kay?" I tell him, helping him retrieve all the ingredients he needs to make dinner.