eight

I walk down our street, doing my best to get home as fast as I can. It had been a long day of work and school, getting home and into bed was all I could think about.

"Hey, Kels." Nina smiles, walking out the front door as I approach the house.

"Hey, didn't your class start an hour ago?" I laugh, as she takes her time making her walk to the bus stop.

"Yeah! But fuck it, right? I'll make it for the class after." She giggles, looking back at me before she continues her walk.

I just shake my head at her, walking into the house. Kyle is sitting on the couch, getting some school work done on his laptop.

"Hey, Kels. I'm about to start a new show after I answer this last question. Should I watch That 70s Show because you and Michael are always talking about it, or do I rewatch The Office?"

"You can't watch That 70s Show yet because you're going to get ahead of me!" I whine, laughing as I sit next to him.

He playfully rolls his eyes, "I'll probably end up rewatching Parks and Rec for the millionth time anyways."

"You've rewatched that show, like, three times since I've met you." I laugh.

"It's so good!" He replies, trying to defend the fact he's watched the show too many times.

"Kelsey? Is that you?" Ashton yells from his room, and I laugh as I roll my eyes.

"Yeah!" I call back.

"Can you come talk to me please!"

I groan, jokingly roll my eyes as I lightly chuckle, pulling myself up off the couch. Ashton kept yelling my name until I show up in his bedroom doorway.

"Hey!" He smiles, "Come sit?"

I make my way over to his bed, sitting across from him, "What's up?"

"So, there's this girl-"

"This is why you were yelling at me?" I question, somewhat annoyed.

"Yes, but it's serious!"

"You say that every time. But it never is." I laugh.

"Yeah, okay, maybe it's not that serious. Like, I wanna have sex with her and yeah, maybe she's like, really hot-"

"Is this another wannabe Instagram model?" I question, wanting to know just a bit more about her.

"Obviously. I only fuck Instagram models. Who do you think I am?" He jokes, looking at me as if he's never been more offended.

"I beg to differ, that last girl that was here was so not!" Kyle calls as he walks by Ashton's room.

"She was hot, just not 'in a few months I'll be selling some weird tea for money on Instagram' hot!" Ashton yells back.

"Okay, you two, that's enough!" I interrupt this conversation, because it's clearly not that nice.

"Sorry, I got carried away. But yeah, she's hot. What do I do tonight?"

"You should know what to do by now!"

"But I actually like her!"

"Oh..." I smirk, "I see."

"Fuck!" He complains, almost immediately regretting saying anything.

"Aw, Ashton, tell me!" I tell him, moving closer to him.

"She's so pretty, Kelsey, and she came to our party a few days ago and she was flirting with me and yeah like, we made out but like-"

"Ash!" I interrupt.