thirty-eight

"Kels, can you grab me water!" Nina calls from the living room.

As I finish making my coffee, I grab a glass of water for her, joining her back on the couch.

"Another coffee?"

I shrug, "I haven't slept in a couple weeks."

"Having sex with Ashton really fucked you up, huh?" She smirks, taking a sip of her water.

"Nina!"

"Sorry, I know it triggers you." She jokes, giggling at me.

"Ashton and I have talked about it and are past it. So, like, let's not do this." I reply.

"I'm sorry. I can't help myself. I love you. I don't mean it." She says, pulling a blanket over herself.

"It's fine, I guess. But really, it's done. I don't want to think about it." I reply.

After a few moments of silence, Nina finally speaks up.

"I'm probably gonna nap right here. I have the worst cramps right now." Nina groans, curling up on the couch.

"Oh my god. I have to go." Quickly looking up at her.

"What? Are you okay?" Nina asks as I jump up off the couch.

"Yeah! I gotta go." I tell her, rushing towards the door, "Kyle, I'm borrowing the car!" Grabbing the keys, I make my way out to the car.

The short drive I was freaking out a bit. Trying to stay calm was hard, but I'm driving so I really can't panic right now.

I park the car, and rush into the drugstore. Moments after entering, I'm about to start crying. Especially now.

"Kels?"

"Ash? Uh, hi. What're you doing here?" I ask, beginning to feel extremely anxious. I can't have a panic attack, not now. Not here.

"Nina knew I was out. Asked me to pick up some of her, uh, feminine products. Grabbed some other stuff, but, you know." He chuckles, looking down at everything in his hands.

"Oh. Yeah, I just have some stuff to pick up." I tell him, trying to end this conversation.

"I can wait for you." He chuckles, starting to follow me down the aisle.

I quickly stop walking, "No! Uh, it's fine. Kyle's car is right out there. Here are the keys. I'll meet you out there in a few minutes."

"Uh, okay?" He says, taking the keys and slowly walking off, looking back at me completely confused.

I head to the aisle I need to be in, and look around to be sure Ashton isn't near me. Grabbing one of the boxes in a rush, I head to the other part of the store, grabbing some candy and things like that before heading to checkout.

When I'm walking out to the car, I'm making sure everything else I bought is covering the box so that Ashton can't see it through the bag.

Getting in the car Ashton smiles at me, he's going to drive us home, thankfully, because I think I'm too nervous to be driving right now.

"Here, hand me your bag."

"No, I'll just leave it at my feet. I'm good, Ashton." I chuckle, trying my best not to seem nervous.

"Okay, okay. Is there anywhere else you needed to go?" He asks as he starts the car to head home.

"Nope. Just home."

The second we arrive at the house, I head straight to my room. I was waiting for Ashton to lock himself in his room. Once he does, I grab the small box from my shopping bag, and bring it with me to the bathroom and lock myself in there.