eighty-five

"Ashton?" I speak, the second he picks up the phone.

"Yes?"

"You're home, right? Is anybody there?"

"I'm home. Kyle's out shopping and Nina is out with Alina and Sydney. What's up?"

"I'm on my way over, I need to talk to you." I tell him, nervously biting down on my bottom lip.

"Okay, no problem..."

"See you soon!" I cheer, before we end our call.

I look over at Luke as he continues the drive, and he's smiling from listening to my phone call.

"I bet he's going to cry." Luke laughs, quickly glancing over at me.

"Yeah, but so will I." I giggle, watching as we pull up at the house.

"Okay, I'm gonna go in on my own, give us a few minutes then feel free to come inside." I tell him, quickly leaning over to press my lips to his.

"Alright. I love you."

I smile, "I love you too."

I head into the house, quickly rushing around to find Ashton. I run into kitchen first to check for him, before going back into the living room, confirming he's not there. Quickly stomping up the stairs, I rush to his room knowing that's where he'd be.

Ashton's bedroom door swings open, revealing him standing in the doorway. "What the fuck are you doing? I hear you running all over the place and-"

He doesn't finish his thought because I throw myself at him, wrapping my arms around his waist as I squeal.

"Kels? What the fuck is wrong with you?" He laughs, trying to hug me back but I'm too busy swaying back and forth in excitement.

"I had to come tell you first." I tell him, pulling out of our hug.

"Huh?"

I let out a scream, which makes him flinch as I hold my hand out. Ashton looks down, to see the large diamond sitting on my finger.

"Oh my god?"

"I'm engaged!" I basically yell, my smile growing as I see excitement take over Ashton's face.

"No fucking way!" He exclaims, grabbing my hand and bringing it closer to his face to inspect the ring.

"I know it took you a little longer to warm up to Luke and I, but I know you'd be so happy for me. But, yeah, this sort of happened last night."

"Oh my god! Of course! I can't believe it! Congrats!" He cheers, quickly pulling me back into a hug.

I sniffle, "I've never been so happy, Ashton. I'm so fucking happy."

"Why are you crying?" He asks, pulling out of our hug and cupping my face with a concerned look.

"It's happy tears. I'm just so happy." I tell him.

"Look what you're doing to me." He sniffles, pointing at his own watery eyes.

"Ashton!" I cry, smiling through my tears.

He grabs my hand, pulling me to sit next to him on his bed. He grabs my hand again, to look at the ring.

"I want to show you-" I start, pulling my hand away and flipping it over, and point of the two small diamonds on the band. "Luke had diamonds from my old ring added to this one."

"Shut the fuck up!" He exclaims, his jaw dropping.

"I'm so lucky, Ash. I really am."

"He really grew up and has proved himself. I'm so fucking happy that you're happy with him, Kels. You've both grown so much. It's so wild you're here, at the point in your life where you're ready to do this. I can't believe you're getting married again." Ashton says, choking out the last sentence.