forty-seven

The past few days have been okay. I thought they'd be a lot worse. I'm definitely not doing great, but having this time to process is helpful. Not stressing over school and work is helpful.

Ashton, Nina and Kyle were all checking in on me, until I freaked out on them that I don't need to be coddled. I need some space. I love them, and I'm so thankful for their support, but again, I need time to myself.

I've been by myself all day. Seeing my friends might actually be a good idea right now. Getting out of bed, I make my way downstairs to see if anybody is here and not hiding in their room.

Walking into the kitchen, Ashton is leaning up against the counter. He smiles when he sees me.

"What's up?" I timidly ask, pulling the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands.

He lightly chuckles, looking down at my hands and back up to me, "What are you so shy for?"

I shrug, "I've been in hiding. And anxious. I feel like I don't know how to be social anymore."

"Well, you know you're okay. And, I mean, I haven't been up to much. School and work. I've been hiding in my room a lot too."

"Right, this happened to you too. Fuck, sorry. Shit, I didn't mean to-"

"Kels! Hey, no it's okay. I've been hiding in my room more for school. And being worried about you. I'm doing a lot better than I thought. But I truly am worried about you."

"I'm okay. Sort of. It sucks. But I'm getting better. I'm going to class tomorrow. I want to get back to real life. I have to stop sulking around the house. Most of the time it makes me feel okay, but sometimes it makes me feel worse."

"I know this is probably a horrible suggestion, because I'm not sure how you're feeling right now, but Nina and Kyle wanted to go to a bar tonight. Not to go crazy or anything. Just hang. Maybe have a drink. If it'll be hard on you, don't feel pressured to come. I just thought maybe getting out will help?"

"I- I'll think about it. I should go out. I should try."

"Let us know. We'll be very happy if you do." He says before leaving

-

"You look so good, Kels!" Nina exclaims, walking into my room.

"I figured I'd go all out. I rarely go out with you guys." I chuckle, looking at myself in the mirror by the front door.

"I'm so happy you're coming!" She cheers, giving me a hug.

I giggle, "I'm feeling good right now, might as well take advantage of it, who knows how long it'll last."

"Stop! You're doing great! I'm so proud of you." She smiles, as Ashton and Kyle both join us.

"We're ready to go?" Ashton asks, looking around at all of us.

Everybody nods, Ashton then ordering a car for us.

"I'm glad you're joining us." Kyle smiles, the four of us finally leaving the house.

Once we get to the bar, we sit at one of the tables, the three ordering drinks immediately.

The second the drinks are placed on the table, Nina and Ashton completely chug theirs right away.

"Oh my god." I mutter, watching the two sitting across the table from Kyle and I.

"I'm a bit shocked too." Kyle chuckles, leaning closer to me to speak so that only I can hear him.

I laugh, "You'll catch up to them."

He shrugs, watching the waitress place the shots the pair requested in front of the them, "I don't know if I can."