seventeen

"I'm only going home for a few days, are you sure you're okay?" Ashton asks as he packs his bag.

"I'll be okay, Ash. I have Michael still here, he doesn't live far. I'm good to be on my own." I chuckle, not sure why Ashton is so stressed about me.

"Okay. I worry about you, Kels. That's all."

"I'm okay now! It's been so long. You all need to relax! I'm glad you care. But I'm okay." I laugh, handing him the shirt folded up on his bed that he's pointing at.

I really do appreciate how much they all care, I understand he's worried. But by now, I know what I'm doing.

"I know you're okay! I just- I'm checking!" He chuckles, zipping up his bag.

"You're great. But you're also going to miss your flight!" I tell him, laughing as I follow him to the front door.

"I wish I missed my flight. Going back to New York and having to hear my family fight over politics the whole time? Not something I wanna do." He tells me as he's tying his shoes.

I laugh, "Gotta love family gatherings. But your Uber is here, and you should get there on time. Go!"

"I'll see you in a few days! Love you!" He calls as he heads out the door.

"Love you!" I reply as I stand in the doorway, watching him get into the car.

Once they drive off, I head back inside, closing the door behind me. Walking to the living room I put on Netflix while I text Michael. Moments after texting him, he calls me.

"Hey, babe! You good if I come by?" Michael questions.

"Of course. I'm all alone now. I need company." I tell him, curling up in my spot on the couch.

He chuckles, "I'll be right over, okay?"

"Okay, see you soon, bub." I laugh, the two of us ending the call.

I go back to sort of watching the movie I had put in when I sat down.

Michael lets himself into the house, yelling out my name the second the door closes behind him.

"I'm right here." I giggle, sitting up so he can actually see that I'm curled up on the couch.

He laughs, "I didn't notice."

I hold my arms out to him, showing I want him to come cuddle with me. Laughing, I grab onto him as he falls onto the couch with me, "Michael!"

"Hey, my love." He smiles, pressing a quick kiss to my lips.

"Hi." I smile, running a hand through his hair as I look at him.

"What're you watching?" Michael asks, getting more comfortable and cuddling with me.

"I'm not even sure. I just clicked something. We can put on That '70s Show, though."

"Yes!" He cheers, grabbing the remote to change it to That '70s Show.

-

Michael ended up falling asleep, so I stopped the show and went to the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

As I stood leaning against the counter with a bowl of cereal in my hands, I can hear Michael stirring in his sleep. Quietly chuckling at him, I continue to eat.

"Kels!" He groggily calls, yawning loudly right after.

"One sec, bub." I reply as I quickly finish my bowl, before leaving it in the sink and heading back out to him.

"Kelsey, babe." He tiredly smiles, reaching up to me

"Hey." I chuckle, sitting down at the end of the couch.

"I can't believe Christmas is just a few days away." Michael says as he looks over at the Christmas tree in the corner of our living room.

"I don't want to do anything big for Christmas. I just want us to get McDonald's and watch movies." I tell him, really not wanting to do anything more than that.

He smiles, "I'm so down."

"Thank god. I thought you'd be mad not doing a regular Christmas." I chuckle.

"I'm not mad at all. Being with you is all that matters."

"Don't be disgusting." I giggle, looking up and kissing his cheek.

Michael laughs, "I know, sorry. That was bad. But, also true."

Eventually we end up putting our show back on, Michael still laying across the couch and I still sit at the end of it.

My phone goes off after a few episodes, Calum sending a text and all it says is 'call me' which worries me a bit.

"Kels? You good?" Michael quietly chuckles, looking up at me.

"Uh, yeah. I'm good." I reply, forcing a smile.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna head out. I have to get some stuff done tomorrow morning. I'll be back once I'm done though." He tells me, walking over to me as he presses a kiss to my forehead.

"Okay. I love you." I force a smile as I watch him walk towards the door.

"I love you more!" He calls as he leaves, closing the door behind him.

Seconds after he's gone, I unlock my phone to call Calum.

"Hey, Kels." He says, his voice soft.

"Hey. What's up?"

"So, Luke got drunk as hell and tried to text you. I took his phone before he could do anything because I know that's not what you want right now. I just thought I'd let you know. In case he still does when he's sober."

"What? Oh. Thanks for telling me. I might just- uh, block his number for a bit. If it's not about getting divorced I don't want to hear from him."

I don't think I would ever actually block Luke. I couldn't. Though, I really probably should. It would be nice to be divorced, first.

"Yeah. It definitely wasn't about that. Christmas time is always hard on him. I'm so sorry I always call about him. I just thought you should know." He replies, still speaking quietly.

"No, it's okay. I appreciate it. Thank you." I tell him, a small sigh passing my lips.

"Well, I'm at his apartment, I should go make sure he's gotten to bed. Call me anytime, okay?"

"Of course, Cal. Thank you."

Once we end the call, I groan, tossing my phone to the other side of the couch.

Dealing with Luke was the last thing I want to do, especially drunk Luke. I don't ever want to hear from him unless it's about getting divorced. I'm tired of this and just wish that it would all end.

_______________________

this was also short. I'll be back soon.