fifty-four

"Calum!" I exclaim, the second I open up my hotel room door.

"Kelsey!" He smiles, pulling me into a quick hug, squeezing me tight.

"I'm so happy to see you." I happily sigh, moving out of the way so he can actually enter the hotel room.

"I'm so happy you're back. I'm glad we can hang out."

Chuckling, I nod, "I know. So am I. I've been looking forward to this for a while, trust me."

"Okay, I'm not that exciting."

"You are probably the most relaxed, drama free person I know right now."

"Oh really? I find that hard to believe."

I let out a deep breath, "Trust me. If only you knew."

"Well, if you'd like to talk about it over our lunch, I'd be more than happy to discuss." Calum tells me, smiling as he watches me collect my things so that we can leave.

"Oh, you don't want to hear about it." I scoff, lightly chuckling as I look up to him as if to say I was ready to go.

Calum holds the door open for me, then follows me out, "I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to hear about it."

I sigh, a little worried about getting into everything. But maybe it'll be good for me to talk it through with somebody who isn't involved in anything?

"Yeah, maybe. Let's just get there first." I reply, pressing the elevator button to head to the lobby.

Calum lightly chuckles, "Okay. I get if you're not comfortable talking about whatever it is."

The two of us just have causal small talk on our way to the restaurant. It wasn't much, catching up on how school finals went.

When we finally sit at the restaurant, we're at a table tucked away in the back which was nice. It was quieter back here.

"So, if you're ready for some drama..."

"Fuck yes. Let's go." Calum smiles, leaning forward in his chair. He seems extremely excited to hear what's been going on.

I'm not sure exactly how much I'm willing to tell him. It'll make me, and possibly him, uncomfortable at some points.

"I don't even know where to start. Uh, I really haven't kept you updated on my life at all since I was last here. So, I guess to begin, Michael and I aren't together anymore."

"Shit, Kels, I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's okay. It's been a while. He actually ended it last time I was in Seattle. I had never told him I was married, I mean, I was still legally married. So when he found my wedding ring he had a lot of questions."

"I mean, that's understandable, I guess. But he knew you weren't with Luke, right?" Calum asks, seeming very interested in the disaster that is my life.

"Yeah. I obviously wouldn't have been with him. I tried to explain it to him but he wasn't having it. Then, uh, I guess Luke probably told you, but I got drunk and I kissed him."

"What!" Calum yells, before looking around the restaurant to see if he had accidentally attracted any unwanted attention.

"Okay... so maybe Luke didn't tell you?"

"No he certainly did not!" He quietly exclaims, leaning closer to me over the table.

"Oh. So, yeah. I uh, I was drunk. That's a bigger deal than it seems because I'm sober. I'd rather not discuss that. But anyway, yeah. I ended up telling Michael obviously. And again, obviously, he was not happy."