ten

I hear a shriek behind me, making me turn to see what the commotion was.

"Kelsey! Oh my god!" Kiana exclaims, rushing over to hug me.

"Hey, Kiana!" I laugh, hugging her tightly as we rock back and forth.

"It's been forever, I miss you." She tells me, finally lowering her voice.

"I miss you too." I reply, though I was so nervous to see her. Pulling away from her I smile, at her.

"Kelsey!" Calum calls, making me look over, my face lighting up.

"Calum!" I smile, rushing to hug him.

I haven't seen him since a few months after I moved here. It's been way too long since I had seen Cal, and I didn't realize how much I missed him.

"This is insane, you look so different!" Calum exclaims.

"I know! Sometimes you have to cut and dye your hair and get some piercings, you know?" I tell him, running a hand through my short blonde hair.

It has been a while since I made the impulse decision to change my look, but being pretty much completely off the grid, I don't post pictures of myself anywhere.

"Well, the nose ring suits you, Kels. You look great. I'm glad you're having such a great time here." Calum smiles, unable to take his eyes off me.

"Thanks, Cal!" I gush, so happy that he's here and that he's being nice. Not that Calum isn't nice, I just don't know what Luke has told him.

Kiana clears her throat, making the two of us look over at her, holding hands with who could only be her boyfriend, "Kelsey, this is Harrison, my boyfriend."

"It's so nice to meet you." I smile, shaking his hand that he put out for me to shake.

"I've heard so many great things about you, Ki misses you a lot." He says.

Kiana shyly looks down at her feet, probably not wanting him to have said most of that.

"Let's go inside, I'm starving." I tell them, my smile never leaving my face.

The four of us sit at the table and I look across to Kiana and Harrison, "So, how are things?

"Well, actually, I might as well get this out of the way..." Kiana slowly starts, before she sticks her hand out, flashing a dainty diamond ring on her ring finger.

"Oh my god? Oh my god!" I quietly exclaim, grabbing her hand to look at the ring.

Kiana giggles, and I look up at her, looking happier than I've ever seen her in my entire life. I glance over at Harrison who's just smiling so wide at his future wife.

"I'm so happy for you! Congrats, oh my god." I tell her.

"Thanks, we're so excited." She smiles, looking up at her fiancé.

"I guess things have been going well then!" I chuckle.

Kiana grabs Harrison's hand, the two of them just smiling at each other.

"Cal, any news from you?"

"Definitely not relationship wise. I'm in a hoe phase right now."

"He had his heart broken so he said he was going to sleep around for a while." Kiana clarifies.

I nod, a small giggle coming from my lips, "I see, good for you, Calum."

He laughs, "Yeah. It's a good time."

"What about you, Kelsey? Let's just get this relationship talk over with." Calum asks.

I look at Kiana before I look back at Calum.