two

My first year in college, Luke came to visit me once in the first couple months. He came for a couple days.

None of my new friends knew about Luke and I being married. They all just assumed he was my boyfriend, and I decided to go along with it. They didn't find out when he visited either, because Luke and I spent all our time in the city. They didn't get to see him much, only Ashton really got to speak to him a bit. But they also never found out, because Luke never came to visit me at university again.

I flew back home for Christmas and New Year's; Luke and I were great. I was so happy to be with him in our home and celebrate the holidays with our friends and family.

Kiana and Calum came over to ours for New Years. We all got drunk, thanks to the alcohol provided by Luke's brothers. The four of us hadn't had that much fun in so long; it was amazing having the four of us back together like that.

//

"Kiana!" I call pulling her down onto the couch with me.

She laughs, leaning into me. We're both too drunk, but we were having fun.

"Shots, come on." She says, leaning forward and grabbing the vodka off the coffee table in front of us, and two of the small glasses as well.

"Kels, babe, you've had enough. You don't handle alcohol very well." He says, sitting next to me with a small laugh.

"College changed that. I'm fine." I tell him, quickly taking the shot without reacting to the burning the shot causes at all.

Kiana follows suit, but coughs as she places the glass back onto the coffee table, "I wish."

"Kels, come on." Luke pleads, trying to grab the other shot I've poured myself from my hand.

"Baby, stop. I'm okay." I chuckle, quickly tilting my head back and take the shot.

He just shakes his head, a quiet chuckle escaping his lips as he wraps an arm around me.

"It's almost midnight!" Calum exclaims, trying to squeeze himself onto the couch with us, and manages to.

"2014 is almost over, can you believe this?" Kiana mutters, her speech slurred.

Calum laughs, "I'm fucking drunk, but I'm glad I'm not that fucking drunk."

"Shh! It's the countdown." Luke tells them, both Calum and Kiana laughing.

We all countdown along with everybody on the tv, and cheer out when it hits midnight. I tilt my head up, smiling at Luke before pressing my lips to his.

"Happy new year, I love you." He whispers, a smile across his face as his thumb brushes against my cheek.

"I love you too." I tell him, quickly pecking his lips.

As I turn to look to Kiana, her and Calum are making out right beside us.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" I ask, completely dumbfounded by what's going on in front of me.

They pull apart and Kiana speaks up, "I was going to have a New Year's kiss, I don't care that it had to be with this dumbass."

"Hey!" Calum pouts.

I laugh, shaking my head at them. I'm so glad though that I got to spend tonight with my husband and best friends.

//

I went back to school alone that time. I didn't want to inconvenience Luke by having him drive me. Flying was just easier. 

Ashton started hanging around more after the break. We both got jobs on campus at the UCLA Store, and my roommate Nina started to get closer to us as well.