thirty-six

All I had been doing lately was homework. Which, makes sense, considering how many classes I've missed. I really don't want to be doing homework, I've just been waiting for one of my roommates to burst in

My phone sitting at the edge of my desk goes off, and I quickly pick it up. Any excuse to not do my homework is fine by me.

'Hey Kels'

'Has it been enough time? Is it safe for me to talk to you yet?'

I chuckle, reading the texts from Luke. I'm glad he waited, if I had him messaging me nonstop once I got home it would've just added to my stress.

'I think so'

'So that's a yes?'

'Yes, Luke'

'I can't wait for you to say that to me when I propose to you again'

'IT HASNT BEEN ENOUGH TIME DONT TALK TO ME FOR ANOTHER MONTH'

'I'm kidding!!!!!'

'We're friends!!!'

'Ugh can I just call you'

I laugh as I shake my head at him, before calling him.

"Oh my god, I thought you really meant the whole month thing. I almost started crying." Luke immediately says the second he answers the call.

"You're not crying? Wow, clearly I mean nothing to you." I chuckle, continuing to joke around with him.

"I can cry if you want me to? I'll do whatever you want." He quickly replies.

I laugh, "Luke, stop!"

"I don't know how to just be your friend. We weren't really friends before we started dating when we were fourteen. We literally were married."

I sigh, "I know. I'm still not used to this."

"I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable."

"No, it's okay. I want to try this. I want to be able to talk to you again." I tell him, trying to calm him down.

"I'm so happy to hear you say that."

"Well, I'm happy that we're talking."

"So, there was actually something I wanted to talk to you about." Luke starts, sounding like he's nervous to tell me.

"Oh?"

"I wanted to tell you I'll be in LA for a couple days, in a few weeks. Maybe I can see you?" He asks, trailing off at the end.

"Why are you gonna be here?"

"Business. Can't talk much about it right now. But anyway, I really would love to see you."

"Yeah, maybe. I think we can work something out."

"Great! Thanks, Kels."

"You don't have to thank me." I chuckle, "I'm sure we'll talk a few times before you're here, we'll sort something out later."

He happily sighs, "I love hearing you say we'll be talking more."

"As nice as it has been talking to you just now, I was doing homework. I should probably get back to that."

"I wanna stay on the phone with you..." Luke whines, making me laugh.

"Do you not have work to do?" I question, knowing he obviously does, as he runs a company.