forty-two

"Do you wanna come in?"

"Uh- are you sure?" He questions, clearly confused.

I can't say no now. I can't change my mind. I said it.

"Yeah. Come meet... come meet my- my friends." I stammer, not looking up at him.

"Really?" Luke questions again, looking at me with concern. It was as if he knows I slipped up and that I don't want him to leave this car.

"Yeah. Yeah, you should come in." I tell him. It's not like I could take it back. I said what I said, now I have to deal with it.

"Okay. Yeah." He replies, unbuckling his seatbelt and turning the car off.

"Great." I smile, getting out of his car.

The two of us make our way to the house, and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. But I'm starting to get better with dealing with this on my own.

Nina is right by the door when we walk in, and she's just staring at Luke and I, completely confused.

"Hey, Nina. This is Luke."

"Oh my god? The same Luke from first year?" Nina asks, looking Luke up and down.

"Uh, yeah." Luke chuckles.

"Damn. Nice to actually meet you." Nina laughs.

"It's really great to meet you too." Luke smiles.

When Kyle walks from the kitchen towards us, I take a deep breath, preparing to introduce him to Luke.

"Have we met?" Kyle asks, his eyebrows furrowing as looks Luke up and down.

"Barely. I'm Luke." He replies, reaching out to shake Kyle's hand.

"You met up with Kelsey in San Francisco years ago, right?" Kyle says, shaking Luke's hand.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Kyle and I were going to watch a movie. You guys should join. Ashton should too." Nina tells us, looking between me and Luke.

"Do you have time?" I ask Luke, turning to look at him.

"Yeah, if you're okay with me staying."

I nod, "Yeah, of course."

Kyle and Nina head to the living room, right as Ashton joins us downstairs. He looks a bit taken aback when seeing Luke standing next to me.

"Luke. You're here." Ashton states, walking over to both of us.

"I figured he could come meet you guys." I tell him, trying to give him a look to relax.

"Well, I'm glad. It's nice to finally meet you." Ashton tells Luke, though he still seems a bit worried.

"Nina and Kyle want you to join us. They're putting on a movie."

"I will. Nina texted me to come down."

Luke sits in one of the seats himself, Nina and Ashton are on opposite ends of the couch. Ashton holds his arms out to me, and I hesitate before I sit, cuddling into him.

I can feel Luke staring, but I don't really care right now. I haven't been as comfortable with Ashton since I found out about being pregnant. I'm trying to get over that. I need to build up the courage to tell him.

"You okay?" Ashton whispers, holding me close.

I nod, smiling at him, "I'm a lot better than I thought I'd be."

-

Luke was up in my room now, sitting at my desk, though I'm sitting on my bed, tucked into my sheets.