eighteen

Rushing around the house I try to clean everything up, since I decided to procrastinate. I was going to clean the entire house the second all of my roommates were gone, but instead I ended up on Netflix most of the time. There's nothing like cleaning your entire house on Christmas morning. Well, afternoon.

Michael was going to sleep here last night, but he had to FaceTime his family at home last night and again this morning. I needed to clean anyways, so it worked out for me. He'll come by tonight and bring our dinner with him.

My phone rings, stopping the music that I have playing over the Bluetooth speakers. I groan, rushing to try and remember where I put it down. Finding it on the coffee table, I quickly pick up.

"Hello?"

"Kelsey! Merry Christmas!" Ashton cheers through the phone.

Giggling, a smile spreads across my face, "Merry Christmas to you too, Ashton."

"My mom got me the nicest fuckin' socks, Kels. You wouldn't believe."

A loud laugh passes my lips, "I'm glad you're very happy with your new socks."

"Oh, I am. I got other things, but these socks, dude." Ashton continues on.

"Are you okay?"

"Honestly... I'm a little drunk already. I had a bottle of wine, and like, a couple shots."

"Ashton! You're supposed to be with your siblings right now."

"And? My sister is drinking too. She's not that young."

"She's also not of age."

"Were you of age when you started drinking?"

I stop what I'm doing, a frown on my lips.

"Kels, I'm so sorry. I didn't say that. Rewind. Fuck. Kels-"

"Ashton, it's fine. I was underage."

"I'm so sorry." He mumbles, quietly sighing.

"It's okay. You should probably get back to them, though. I have to finish cleaning. Don't get too drunk, okay? You still have a dinner to go to."

"I know, I know." He replies, laughing.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"For sure. Have a great day with Michael!" He exclaims, before the two of us say our goodbyes and end the call.

Putting my phone back down, I grab my cleaning supplies once again, but to put them away. I was basically done, and I no longer had any motivation to continue.

The second I sit down after putting everything away, there's a knock at the door. Letting out a groan, I get back up and answer the door.

Michael's standing there holding up a McDonald's bag with a stupid grin across his lips, "Merry Christmas!"

I laugh, quickly kissing his lips, "Merry Christmas."

Michael steps in the house, going to put the food down as I lock the door once he's inside.

"I know, I'm early. But I figured we have an early dinner, and then order a pizza at midnight." Michael tells me, when I join him in the kitchen.

"Sounds like a perfect plan to me." I chuckle, as Michael pulls all the food out of the bag onto the counter.

We both grab our food and head out to the living room, deciding we'll eat out there and watch some That '70s Show.

"I cleaned this coffee table you better not get any mess on here." I tell him as we both place our food onto the coffee table.