seventy-two

"So, last night went well?" Calum asks, finally awake.

"Yeah, it was really great. I'm really happy." I tell him, as I finish packing up my bag. I didn't really unpack, I'm just making sure I have everything.

"Are you guys together?"

"Okay, let's slow down. We didn't have that discussion, we really just spent time together and getting to know each other all over again. But, yeah, I think we're headed there." I shrug, trying to hide my smile.

"I'm glad everything is working out."

I happily sigh, "I am too."

"Have you heard from Ashton?" He asks.

Shaking my head, I frown, "I haven't. But he'll be home when I get there tonight. Hopefully he's not mad."

"I'm sure he'll understand."

"I don't know. I've done some stupid shit to him before, he can get pretty upset with me." I reply.

"I can't picture him getting mad."

"Trust me, you don't ever want to see Ashton angry. He kinda scares me." I tell him, quietly chuckling.

"Damn. I will be sure to not piss him off when I move there. We're gonna be besties, Ashton and I."

I laugh, "Besties?"

"Yes! Leave me alone. I'm honestly a little drunk still, I think." He mutters, shaking his head.

"I do think you and Ashton would get along really well. I'm excited." I tell him, smiling at the thought of my LA friends becoming close with Luke and Calum.

"It'll be fun."

"Have you talked to Kiana yet?" I ask, looking over at him.

When I look up at him and see the frown on his face while he sighs, I know the answer.

"Cal, you can't keep putting it off. She'll get upset if she gets no warning." I tell him.

"I know. But I love her, she's like a sister to me. We're both going to cry, I'm not ready for that." He replies, nervously biting in his lip.

"Yeah, it's going to suck, I'm not going to lie to you. She'd never be mad at you for doing this. Of course you'll both be upset. But this is how life goes."

He forces a weak smile, "I just wish it was easier."

"It'll be okay. You should talk to her soon."

He just nods, acknowledging my statement but not wanting to discuss this further.

"Are you sure you want to drive me to the airport? I'm fine taking-"

"No, I'm driving you."

I chuckle, "Okay."

"Luke didn't offer to take you?" He questions.

"He did. I told him I was just going to take a taxi. I knew he had work today. And you don't need to drive me either!"

"Well, I'm going to. It's literally fine. Relax." Calum tells me.

"Okay! Can we go finish the movie we started last night?"

He nods, "Let's go."

-

"I'm sad you're leaving so quick." Calum frowns, the two of us standing in the airport around many others saying their goodbyes as well.

"I am too, but I gotta get home. Time to start the job hunt." I chuckle before sighing, realizing it's going to be hell. "Then soon you and Luke will be there too."