twenty-seven

It felt like time had stopped. All I wanted to do was run as far as I can as fast as I can, but at the same time I was frozen in my spot unable to look away.

"Kels?" Luke speaks up, bringing me back into reality.

"I- I have to go see Kiana." I quietly choke out, stumbling backwards. It felt like I was going to pass out. I felt as if the wind had been knocked out of me, unable to catch my breath.

"Kels, sit down, you look like you're going to faint." Calum tells me, reaching out for me.

I swat Calum's hands away, as I keep walking backwards, unable to look away from the man I had married.

"I'll be back down in a second! I just have to grab-" Kiana laughs, until I bump into her.

"Kels? What are you doing?"

"I..." I trail off, still staring at Luke.

Kiana finally looks up to where I'm looking, a gasp leaving her mouth when she sees Luke standing there.

"Kiana, I'm sorry for showing up like this but I-"

"Get the fuck out of my house." Kiana demands, staring down Luke, both of her hands tightly grasping my arms as if she was protecting me, but also needing a support system for how shocked and upset she is.

Luke sighs, still standing by the door, "I'm sorry for showing up, Kiana. I just- I didn't know what else to do."

"Get out, Luke!" She exclaims, being sure she's not loud enough for everybody downstairs for her to hear.

"Kels, please, can we just talk first-"

"Dude, I already told you, you need to go." Calum says, stepping closer to Luke.

"Cal, go with him. The only way he would've known this was going on is you. I don't want either of you here. You're ruining my bridal shower!"

"Kiana, I didn't mean to. I accidentally slipped up about the party and he realized Kelsey was probably going to be here!" Calum tries to defend himself, looking as if he's never felt worse about something in his entire life, "I've spent the last twenty minutes trying to get him to leave."

"I get it, Calum. I just don't want to deal with this right now."

"I'll go with him." I finally speak up, looking over at Luke.

"Really?" Luke asks, quickly looking up from the ground.

"Kiana, I want you to enjoy your bridal shower. Don't be mad at Calum for telling him. If I just didn't come back to Seattle like I had always planned this wouldn't happen. Luke and I should probably talk, I guess." I tell her.

"I want you here." Kiana frowns.

"I know, but, I should do this. I don't want to have to see him again." I tell her.

She nods, understanding, "Okay."

"Are you, uh, ready to go?" Luke asks as I walk over to him.

I nod, "I guess so."

Luke opens the door and I take a deep breath, following him out to his car. He goes around to open the passenger door for me and I mutter a quiet thanks to him before getting in. He closes the door before getting in the drivers side.

"So."

"So..."

"Does a restaurant downtown sound okay?" He asks, pulling out of the driveway.

I nod, "Yeah. Anywhere we can sit and talk is fine with me."

The drive is made in complete silence. Both of us were unsure of what to say. All that was heard was the radio, and that was barely audible.