twenty

Michael enters the house and I smile at him, quickly kissing his lips.

All the roommates, plus Michael are all going out for New Year's Eve. I've decided not to go, because I'm tired of being the sober one that has to babysit them. I don't mind being alone tonight.

"I feel so bad leaving you by yourself. I can stay. I don't have to go." Michael says, wrapping his arms lightly around my waist.

"Michael, please go. I could go, I'm choosing not to. I want you to go have fun!" I smile, quickly pressing my lips to his.

He sighs, "I really don't know if this is a test."

"Michael, I wouldn't do that. You should know me by now. I'm fine to be by myself." I laugh, pulling him into the kitchen where Kyle and Ashton are taking shots already.

"Where's Nina?"

"I'm here!" She calls, entering the kitchen with joint hanging from her lips. She lights it, taking a drag and handing it over to Kyle.

"I think I'm gonna go upstairs. You guys have fun tonight, okay?" I tell them all, before turning to Michael to quickly kiss him.

"Night Kels!" Nina calls, Kyle and Ashton both saying goodnight to me after her.

"Have fun!" I yell to them as I make my way upstairs. I would stay downstairs, but they're going to get too loud and annoying. I'll go back downstairs to watch the New Year's celebrations on TV once they leave.

-

The doorbell rings just after one in the morning, and none of them would ring the doorbell, making me worry slightly. They'd just let themselves in. They all have a key.

Opening the door slowly, I nervously check to see who's there. I quickly open the door fully when I see who's standing there, "Calum?"

"Kelsey!" Calum drunkenly exclaims.

"What?"

"I couldn't," Calum pauses as he hiccups, "I couldn't rem- remember where the-the Airbnb my friends and I are staying. I lost them. I still have your address." He waves his phone at me to show that somewhere on there is my address.

"Fuck, come inside." I mutter, grabbing him by the sleeve of his leather jacket and pulling him into the house.

"I- I'm so sorry." He stammers, and I pull him over to the couch.

I sigh, "It's okay, Calum."

Placing him on the couch, he curls up, as I put a blanket over him, "Kels, can you take my shoes off?"

Groaning, I look at him kicking his feet out and do as he asks, because I don't have the energy to fight with him. As I untie his laces, I look over at him giggling, "I'm gonna get you some water and I want you to drink it all, okay?"

He nods, quickly thanking me as I toss both his shoes off to the side.

Heading to the kitchen I go right to the fridge so that I can grab him a bottle of water. Grabbing the bottle from the fridge I quickly head back to Calum on the couch, handing it over to him.

"Thanks, Kels. You're such a great friend." Calum smiles, taking a sip from the water bottle.

"Just, go to sleep, Cal. We'll get you back to your friends in the morning." I tell him.

As he's already falling asleep, I hear my drunk roommates, and boyfriend, stumble into the house.

"Fuck." I quietly mutter, heading towards the door to all see how they're doing.