fifty-eight

"Good morning." I yawn, walking out into the common area.

Luke turns around to face me, as he was just pouring himself a cup of coffee. He holds the red mug tightly in his hands as he smiles at me, "Morning."

I sit on one of the stools at the kitchen island, across from where Luke is standing. Rubbing my eyes, I sigh.

"Tired?" He asks, quietly chuckling at me before taking a sip of his coffee.

"A little. I slept a decent amount. What are you dressed up so nice for this early on a Saturday?"

"I have to head to the office for a couple hours. I sometimes gotta run in on weekends."

"Oh, wow."

"Do you have any sort of wedding things today?" He questions, placing his mug on the island.

I shake my head, "Not that I'm aware of, but Kiana might end up calling me for something, though."

"Okay, well, I gotta head out. Help yourself to anything, okay?" Luke says, quickly finishing off the small amount of coffee he had poured himself.

"Uh, yeah, okay."

He heads towards the door, grabbing his keys. He grabs the door handle and looks back at me, "You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"I can call my team and let them know I'm not going in, they can handle it on their own-"

"No! Go get your work done!" I chuckle, waving him off.

"Okay, see you later." He smiles, heading out the door.

I sigh, resting my head on the island.

Trying to figure out what I'm going to do today, I grab my phone to see what's up.

I have no new texts or missed calls and I groan, wishing somebody would have reached out. I don't want to bug Kiana and Harrison since the wedding is so soon.

Deciding to go for a walk, I quickly get ready for the day. I don't want to just sit here in Luke's apartment on my own, so I figured heading out for a walk and seeing where I end up would be best.

I take Luke's spare key to its place at the front and head out. Luke's place is so nice and it's right downtown. A lot of people hate walking downtown, but I love it. I don't make it far, I head into a bakery to grab something to eat. Though I could've just had the coffee Luke had already made, I buy myself one along with my breakfast and sit at one of the three tables inside the small shop.

Finally I get a text, and it's from Calum.

'I'm bored'

'what are you doing'

I giggle, shaking my head at him.

'currently out eating breakfast, not even sure what this place is called'

'I'll send my location if you wanna meet up with me'

I send him my location, before putting my phone down, waiting for his reply.

'I'm already out and I'm not far so I'll see you in a few'

Smiling, I put my phone down before taking a sip of my coffee. While waiting for Calum, i finish food and my coffee.

"Kels, hi!" Calum says, sitting across from me.

"Hey, wanna go on a walk?" I ask, right after he sits.