fifty-seven

As I look around the hotel room, I make sure I have all my things before leaving. Luke's waiting out front to bring me to his place. It feels like I could have an anxiety attack at any moment, but I choose to ignore that feeling as much as I can.

When I walk out the main door, Luke is standing outside his car, waiting for me. I can't help but stare at him when I see him. He looks so good. I hadn't really paid much attention to it, but, damn he looks good. 18-year-old me would never believe me if I told her Luke just kept getting better looking.

"What are you staring at me for?" Luke asks, taking my luggage from my hands.

"What? Nothing." I reply, shaking my head.

He chuckles, shaking his head at me before going to put all my stuff into his car.

I get into his car, taking a deep breath before Luke gets into the drivers seat. I watch him as he looks at himself in the rear view mirror, taking his sunglasses off the top of his head and putting them on. He looks over at me.

"Yes?" He questions, a smirk on his lips.

"What?"

"Kels, I know I look good, but please stop staring at me."

"I'm not staring!" I exclaim, rolling my eyes. Maybe I was, but I'm not going to admit to that.

"Okay, sure." He chuckles, before driving off. "But I did make sure to look extra good, just for you."

"Okay!" I laugh, shaking my head.

The car ride was in mostly silence, besides the radio. It didn't feel uncomfortable though.

Back at his place, Luke and I bring my stuff up to his apartment. When we walk through the door, I turn to the left to place my purse on the kitchen island.

"I'll bring your luggage to the spare room." Luke tells me, walking off the short hall on the right side of the apartment.

Taking a deep breath, I pull my phone out of my pocket to see a text from Kiana.

'don't fuck Luke'

'KIANA'

'I WOULD NEVER'

'I'm just making sure'

'trust me. I won't.'

"Hey, Kels?" Luke calls from the room.

Putting my phone on the counter, I go find Luke. He's placing a throw pillow, but quickly turns to face me when he hears me.

"Okay, so, I washed the sheets this morning and cleaned everything, so don't worry about that. The bathroom is across the hall, I won't be in your way, I only use my en-suite, so, do whatever you'd like. But also if you could keep the mess to a minimum since if anybody comes over that's when they use."

"When did you start caring so much about cleanliness?" I ask, considering when Luke and I lived together, it's like he'd never heard of cleaning. It's so strange seeing him like this.

"Since I started paying way too much money to live in a place like this." He laughs.

"Damn, you rich rich, huh?" I joke, leaning on the bedroom doorframe.

"Okay, let's not go there." He chuckles, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Why not? Is that not the way you pick up girls?" I smirk, crossing my arms.

"It's like you try to find things to get mad at me for." Luke scoffs, yet smiles at me.

"I'm not!"