sixty-one

"Kiana, hi!" I smile, rushing to give her a hug the second I see her in the bridal suite at the venue.

"Oh my god, hi!" She cheers, hugging me tightly.

"You're getting your makeup done before your hair, Ivy and McKenna are both almost done so you'll be going soon.

"So, I don't want to stress you out, but Luke is going to pop in any second now to say hi, if that's okay."

"Oh, okay. Yeah." She nods, sitting back down in her chair so the hairstylists can continue working on her hair.

Moments later, there's a knock at the door and Luke lets himself in.

"Hey, Kiana. Congrats." Luke smiles, waking over to us. He stands beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

I see her look down at his hand on my waist and back up to him, "Thanks, Luke. I'm glad you could make it."

"Thanks for letting me be here. I really appreciate it." He tells her.

"Of course. Anything for Kelsey."

"Well, I'll get going, I know you're all busy getting ready." Luke says, stepping away from me and waving as he walks off.

Once he's gone, Kiana looks at me, her jaw dropping, "What the fuck was that?"

"What?"

"Why was he holding you like that?"

I shrug, not wanting to get into this, "I don't know."

"Wow, okay. Well, you're happy so, it's all good." She says, a small smile on her lips.

I know she's not fully supportive of Luke, but I can tell she's trying. She wants what's best for me and I get that. Kiana saw what he did to me, she's just trying to protect me. But I think I know what I'm doing now. I'll be okay.

"Kelsey! You're up!" McKenna calls, waving me over as she gets out of the chair.

"You look so pretty!" I exclaim, heading over to sit.

Getting my hair and makeup done was honestly quite relaxing. We were all having fun together, getting ready and socializing. Once it gets closer to the ceremony, we're all dressed, helping Kiana into her gown.

"Oh my god." Kiana mumbles, staring at herself in the huge mirror.

We all hype her up, showering her in compliments. She looks so amazing, I'm so happy for her.

Ivy started to pour champagne for everybody, to celebrate before the ceremony. She goes to hand me one and I shake my head, "I'm okay, thanks."

"Oh, you don't wanna celebrate?"

"No, I just don't drink. Thank you, though."

"I'm sorry! No problem." She smiles, handing it over to Frankie.

I quickly grab my phone, hastily typing a text to Luke.

'how you holding up??'

I sigh, putting the phone down, and joining the girls. They were all taking videos for social media. Being part of this was truly so much fun, I'm so happy Kiana asked me to join.

I hear my phone go off, and I quickly go pick it up.

'I'm good!'

'Spent some times with the boys'

'Didn't want to be a bother though so I'm sitting out in the main lobby'

I smile, quickly typing a response.