Chapter 10: New Dragon Cub

The next day, the physical contract really did arrive in the afternoon. Shen Mian signed it directly, sent it back, then went back to find the original textbooks in the centre.

He has been very busy recently – It has been less than a week since all childcare centres in the Dragon Empire had resumed. Although there is only one cub in the centre, Shen Mian still wants to do his best to give Gian lessons according to mainstream time.

There were already textbooks in the centre but they were all stuffed in the utility room after the old dean’s death. When the original owner came, he ran about every day for his livelihood, but never found them.

Now that Shen Mian has signed the anchor contract, the basic monthly salary was enough to support Gian and he could finally look for the textbooks.

There were a lot of things piled in the utility room, among which there were two old model housekeeping robots, but they had been completely scrapped. Shen Mian cleaned the room and cleared out some things that would be useful.

The textbooks that Qiming Childcare Centre had was a basic set.

Gian carried a bunch of textbooks and toppled outside to let them air out. He knew that he would be the one using these textbooks so his movements were very careful.

The physical books in the interstellar era no longer use paper. Although they will not become mouldy, since they have been in the storage room for so long, they have been covered in a thick coat of dust.

He Xing’s sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, the remains of the two housekeeping robots laid in front of him, looking at Gian’s back, “I’ve used several of those textbooks when I was in kindergarten, this version has fallen behind and a lot of the information is wrong.”

Shen Mian nodded, “One of them is the first version, it is time to change.”

He walked to He Xing’s side, “Can they be repaired even in this state?”

“It can’t be repaired,” He Xing lazily put on a part, “But it can be reinstalled. I bought a spare parts package, which will arrive in a while, and then install the new parts in, you won’t be using money and they’re more durable than the ones bought outside. How come you live broadcasted for so long today?”

Shen Mian started live broadcasting at five o’clock this morning. He stewed a four catty feathered wurm for three hours. When the lid opened, a fresh fragrance swept every corner of the live broadcast room.

The barrage, which had no movement at first, seemed to have awakened. The fragrance exploded in their face with many people smashing gifts. At the end of the broadcast, the number of people in the live room had reached more than 30,000.

Shen Mian, “Yesterday, I signed a virtual contract with Cat Eye, which has already come into effect so the broadcast time will be a bit longer.”

He Xing smiled, the things in front of him that were usable were pretty much pieced back together, the prototype of the housekeeping robot was vaguely visible, “Cat Eye’s movements are pretty quick.”

Shen Mian, “Hm?”

He Xing said with a smile, “On the basis of harmony between humans and dragons, Cat Eye should focus on this theme next. You see, humans come here to see dragons and dragons come here to fan over humans, so they should promote the exchange between the two civilisations.”

Shen Mian, “…”

He Xing placed his hand on his heart, “This little brother communicates with both humans and dragons. In the future, this childcare centre will become bigger and bigger and there will be coveting dragons around the dean, there won’t be any space left for me.”