Chapter 82: Cheating

The dragon's childcare centres have six grades in total. Qiming Childcare Centre had insufficient teaching staff and was currently only open for grades one to four, with only one class for each grade. Although the number of classes was small, it's enough as only five students had transferred to the school semester and they're all in one class.

Under normal circumstances, the number of dragon cubs in a childcare centre class was around fifteen. If there were more, the teacher wouldn't be able to take care of them.

The little dragon cubs who had transferred were all in grade one. After all, if the cubs had been attending a different childcare centre for a long time, their parents will not choose to transfer them to another centre, unless it was under special circumstances.

Shen Mian taught the second grade class and there were five little dragon cubs currently attending. The rest of the childcare teachers were assigned to other grades and for the time being, teachers without dragon cubs were allowed to offer elective classes. After the dragon cubs finished their mandatory subjects, they could choose to attend a class they liked.

So now the centre had gardening, cooking, combat and music classes. These classes weren't mandatory and as long as the times didn't clash, they could apply for several classes.

Shen Mian did the maths and it was impossible to make a profit. It was an absolute loss upfront and the cubs didn't pay enough school fees to cover their salaries. Luckily, there was enough money in the centre's account and he still had the income from live broadcasting, so he wouldn't lose money if he waited until more cubs entered the school this semester.

And there were a few nursery teachers who didn't have classes, so they needed to be paid out a little less- the salary of the Dragon Empire childcare teachers was divided into three parts, one was the base salary, the second was the class fee and the third was a bonus.

It's the default rule that childcare teachers who have classes could only get the base salary. The daily paid leave was the base salary as well. And while Qiming didn't cover food, it did cover lodging, saving a fortune on accommodation. For a fresh graduate, the treatment was not bad. After all, most of the other childcare centres don't cover lodging.

......

On the first day of school, the centre's normally closed doors opened. Rod and Lucas began their jobs; one moved their desk and chair and sat at the gate, while the other watched the surveillance from the security room.

Today was registration day and none of the non-childcare centre staff were allowed to enter unless they brought a little dragon cub.

Many of the adult dragons who didn't work in the surrounding residential area also gathered around the entrance to the centre, all of whom had cubs that were about to go to school at home, so they were particularly concerned about the nearby childcare centres. The parents had a chance to chat with Lucas through the gate.

The barracks-born Lucas almost had to duck back into the security room facing the enthusiastic parents, sitting stiffly in his chair, barely maintaining his calm composure and answered their questions as gently as possible.

The parents asked a round of questions, carried out a shakedown of everything Lucas knew and left satisfied.

Lucas breathed a sigh of relief at that.

The parents who brought their little dragon cubs over to register followed the arrows posted on the floor into the first grade classroom and entered to find three teachers sitting inside.

The teacher for the first grade class was Wen Yan and the assistant was a very stable woman named Teng Luo.

While the two dragons were talking, Wen Yan heard footsteps.