Chapter 114: Extra - Lighthouse

Lu Yuan laid on the carpet, reaching under his bed for a while, before touching his candy jar under the bed, holding it and pulling it out.

He brought this candy jar to the centre when he came and it has been kept under his bed in the dormitory. The manufacturing date was on its soft cap. It had been a candy jar for eight years. There were also candies from last month's production stored inside and at the bottom was a layer of the little dragon cub's scattered toys.

Lu Yuan opened the lid, took out all the candies and stuffed them into his pocket, then poured out what was in the jar. A bunch of glass beads of various colours rolled out, and a small box.

Lu Yuan picked up the faded box and opened it. Inside was half a box of old star coins, with a photo buried underneath.

In the picture, a two-metre tall adult spotted dragon, maintaining their dragon form, stood cheerfully beside a starship with a spotted dragon cub hanging from their belly pocket, eyes staring at the camera with shining eyes.

This was a photo of Lu Yuan and his grandfather.

At that time, Lu Yuan looked very young, at an age where he couldn't remember anything. There were not many photos of him and his grandfather, most of which were lost because of the starship crash, only leaving this one that's still with Lu Yuan.

He was raised by his grandfather. It was not until he was almost six that he was picked up by his parents because his grandfather had gone.
In fact, such a young dragon cub doesn't really have much memory. Most of those past times along with the photos disappeared, only a few remained and they seemed to be slowly fading like the scenery in old photos.

But his memory of the feeling of companionship was still very clear.

Lu Yuan touched the photo and took out a new one from his pocket. This was a photo taken in the morning, a group photo of the childcare centre. Unlike the old photos that had yellowed and curled, the newly developed photos were flat and colourful, the human formed little dragon cubs had smiles on their faces.

Lu Yuan held his face.

The picture of everyone in the picture was completely different from when they first came to the centre. Rhein, who could be held in the dean's hand, was almost as big as Gian's tail. The last time they measured Rhein's height, he was already four centimetres tall. The dean said that Rhein would grow taller than Uncle Lansin.

Gian was in his human form, wearing a blue and white lapelled polar fleece jacket, holding Uncle He's hands.

Xing Fei held a book in her arms, smiling at the camera.

When Qin Yi was taking pictures, she was not at ease. Her eyes were not on the camera at all, her head was tilted and she was looking at something. Only her beautiful side profile was in the photo.

Lu Yuan himself crookedly leaned on the dean.

Did I feel the same way at that time as I did in the morning when I took the photo?
Lu Yuan bit the tip of his claws. He can't remember at all.

Would grandpa be angry?

"Lu Yuan, are you ready?" Gian asked as he opened the door and held the door frame. "Xing Fei and Rhein are already waiting for us downstairs."

Today was the first day of the Dragon God Festival. The centre had already eaten dinner and now it was free time for the little dragon cubs. Gian and the others planned to go to Lu Yuan's house first and then to Rhein's house.

Lu Yuan stuffed both photos into his pocket and the candy jar was pushed back under the bed.

Because Qin Yi returned to the Imperial Star a few days ago for the Dragon God Festival, only Xing Fei and Rhein were downstairs.