Chapter 43: Small Galaxy

The delicate little girl gulped down two thermoses of water in two gulps and the little pointy horn on top of her head popped back up.

That's enough water.

[Rumble: Why would it deflate? Is baby Xing Fei made of water?]

[Oasis: I feel like Xing Fei's horns feel super nice, are they the kind that is bouncy and not hard at all?]

[Red Pork Chop: Does deflating have any special use? I feel that although dragon cubs are strange, their characteristics are very useful.]

[Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs: I'm curious as hell, the dragon cubs all have strangely cute traits.]

There were a lot of humans inquiring in the barrage, so Shen Mian explained, "The cetacean dragon mainly lives on land. When the dragon's technology was backwards, adult dragons would go to the sea to hunt for food. Their body water content was higher than that of humans and other dragons and they lost water easily. When the cubs are young, they cannot speak or express themselves, so their parents rely on their horns on their heads to determine if the cubs are short of water."

At the time when the dragon race had not yet established an empire and the level of technology was still very low, there were no childcare centres. The adults had to go to the sea to catch food to eat or sell, the newborn cubs did not even know how to enter the water and had to be left alone at home. Crying at the top of their lungs will consume more water, so cubs who can't even speak won't cry when there's a real water shortage.

When the parents come back and poke the cub's horn, they will know if they are thirsty and lack water. Now that childcare centres are available, the childcare teachers are too busy to ask, so they poke the horns of the cetacean cubs when they are taking care of other cubs, to determine whether the cubs need water or not.

Xing Fei set down her bottle and the scales on her tail regained their lustre. She squeezed her little horn and dragged her big tail along with two books.

He Xing picked up the thermos and filled it with water on the second-floor pantry. When he returned, he saw that Xing Fei was still on her feet to put the books on the shelves. She was so small that she couldn't reach the higher places and leaned on the shelf on her tippy toes to put the book up.

Shen Mian bent down and picked up the book to help her put it on the bookshelf.

[Death Rays: The dean bent down! Wu wu wu, how can he do everything with such style.]

[Falling out of love: Because of the tenderness, the silent thoughtfulness... I know why my wife divorced me, I'll learn from this.]

[Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs: Hah, a good-looking man does everything with style. When our dean drinks water, I think his Adam's apple rolling is an A burst.]

He Xing came back after filling the thermos with water and put it down and squatted beside Xing Fei.

"Aren't you tired after organising them for a few hours? Will you take a break?"
At this point even Yan Tan, who was reading a picture book, was asleep and there were several books stacked beside Gian.

Xing Fei gently stroked the spine of the book, "I like these."

[Ring: Xing Fei's eyes were especially bright when she touched those books.]

[It's sweet: Xing Fei, just like Gian, will probably be a particularly powerful school tyrant later on. That's great.]

......

Xing Fei's sleep time was getting shorter and shorter. She now only needed to rest for two hours a day and could mostly stay awake for the rest of the time. Shen Mian, as a person with abilities, also shortened his sleep time appropriately, but even a naturally strong race like the mythical dragons can't match the cetacean dragon's natural ability to make the left and right halves of their brains rest alternately.