Chapter 99: Constrast

The small round beads were colourful and translucent and apart from the colour, its shape was somewhat similar to a raspberry. Ming Mengmeng was a carnivorous dragon cub, so she thought all the fallen ones were raspberries.

They were the spots on Xi Yuan's back.

Honey dragons were the most sensitive race to changing seasons- their staple diet consisted of a variety of leaves and fruits and their recipes changed each season. Different elements were ingested and the body re-synthesized micro toxic elements. The previous season's spots were shed and new ones grew.

Water Star was currently gradually entering summer and the temperature was rising, so the nutritionist changed to the summer recipes. Xi Yuan had eaten the new dishes for a few days before starting to change spots.

The spots of the honey dragon contained a small number of toxins and the toxicity was relatively weak. If a small dragon like Rhein swallowed it, his whole face may swell up and his mouth may not be able to open. If a medium to large dragon swallowed the toxin, they may lose their sense of taste for a few days in mild cases, or swell up like a pig's head in more severe cases.

Shen Mian put down the basket. "Those aren't raspberries."

Ming Mengmeng's eyes shone brightly. "Then is this a gift from the Dragon God? Will you become cuter if you eat it?"

Shen Mian, "..."
You will only become swollen if you eat it.

Always slow on the uptake, Xi Yuan finally realised he seemed to have dropped something, held the little basket and stumbled back. "Is there anything to eat?"

Xi Yuan's black bean eyes widened sharply as he saw the small round beads in Ming Mengmeng's hand. "You can't eat-"

Ming Mengmeng tilted her head in confusion. "But it looks like small candy."

Except for the changing of seasons, the honey dragon's spots will only fall off when they are escaping and they don't feel pain when the spots fall off. So Xi Yuan didn't notice that his spots were falling.

Xi Yuan moved over. The speed was already a trot for him and you could see how anxious the honey dragon cub was. "It's not candy! It's a spot! It's a honey dragon's spot."

Ming Mengmeng, who hadn't learned the honey dragon chapter yet, blinked.

Shen Mian was simple and brutal. "It's poisonous and you'll become ugly if you eat it."

Ming Mengmeng: !!!

Shen Mian didn't have much in common with Ming Mengmeng but knew that Ming Mengmeng was a very beautiful little girl and steadily poked at the little girl's head. "You'll become ugly and swollen, like a little pig."

Ming Mengmeng held a handful of small spots, revealing the jadeite dragon cub's shocked to cracking expression.

Shen Mian reached out and held Ming Mengmeng's paw. "But it's really pretty."

Xi Yuan quietly looked at Shen Mian.

Shen Mian, "It just can't be eaten. But it can be touched and it can be looked at."

Ming Mengmeng thought about it and asked Xi Yuan, "Excuse me, can I have this?"

Xi Yuan was a little shy. "Y-yes."

Ming Mengmeng put a handful of small beads in her pocket. "Thank you."

The big dango Xi Yuan shook his head vigorously. "Thank you."
Thank you for not being afraid of me and not bullying me.

Shen Mian lowered his eyes and gently rubbed the two little dragon cubs.

......

All of the ripe raspberries from the two trees were picked. A bit of fruit was divided up for making juice and the rest was made into jam, sealed in jars, and taken out for the cubs to mix with their nutrient solutions.