Chapter 78: Back to the Childcare Centre

Of course it's not possible to bring in goods and it's also impossible to hire a dragon cub as a model, so they could only talk about it casually- both Lu Yuan and Rhein were just shy of failing the course. Usually, it wasn't a big deal to Shen Mian to let the cubs play casually when he was live broadcasting, but it would really disturb the cubs' normal life.

In order to give the dragon cubs a chance to choose, they must first let the dragon cubs have the ability to choose.

Both Shen Mian and the Emperor knew that the other was joking and quickly skirted away from the topic. After dinner, the little dragon cubs followed the emperor to Ming Rong Childcare Centre to play, while Lu Xianzhi instructed Shen Mian and He Xing to stay behind.

Lu Xianzhi took out a stack of thick red envelopes from her small bag, about twenty of them, exactly like the ones she had given to the little dragon cubs before dinner.

After He Xing entered high school, he hadn't received the Dragon God's wishes since and was surprised to receive it. "Why are you giving so much today?"

Lu Xianzhi slapped the back of He Xing's hand.

Although Her Highness had retired from the army for many years, her poise remained unchanged and with one slap, the thick-skinned He Xing withdrew his hand.

Lu Xianzhi, "Will you take it if it's for you?"

He Xing, "...If you're giving it to Shen Mian, aren't you giving me one too?"

Lu Xianzhi took out a few. "These are for our Mian Mian and the other little dragon cubs in the centre that didn't come."

Shen Mian knew that such envelopes usually didn't contain large amounts of money. The highest value of an Imperial non-paper star coin was twenty and an envelope usually contained one star coin. After all, this was just a wish.

Shen Mian took it with both hands. "Thank you, Your Highness."

Lu Xianzhi pursed her lips and smiled.

He Xing looked around and thought to himself that the rest of the pile was for himself, so he extended his hand as well, "Thank you, mum..."

As expected, Lu Xianzhi let him take it, calmly stood up and patted his clothes. "Your nieces and nephews are coming over. Remember to give it to them."

He Xing squished his hand and realised that there were two envelopes that were actually empty. "What about mine?"

Lu Xianzhi, "What do you mean yours? You haven't gotten a wishing star coin since you were 18. I'm still short on two star coins, so make them up yourself."

He Xing, "..."

Lu Xianzhi smiled at Shen Mian. "I'm going upstairs to change clothes. I'll be down in a minute."

Shen Mian stood up and sat down again only after Lu Xianzhi walked up to the second floor, turning his head to look at He Xing who was looking for star coins everywhere. "Didn't you say there would be no other activities after dinner?"

He Xing was quiet for a moment, suddenly complaining, "Why are you like this?"

Shen Mian, "..."

He Xing, "I'm so wronged."

Shen Mian, "..."
Dean Shen looked up at the stairs. Her Highness hadn't come down yet, so Shen Mian beckoned He Xing over.

He Xing leaned over and Shen Mian grabbed his collar to lower his head and kissed him, his voice blurred between his lips and teeth. "Then I'll coax you."

......

On the fourth day after the Dragon God Festival, the festive atmosphere had faded and the little dragon cubs had finally gotten over their worries of seeing their elders everywhere and started coming out to spread their joy.