Chapter 42: I'm Thirsty=I'm Deflated

The centre's library was finally under construction. It was next to the two school buildings. The plan was to build a three-story building just like the school building. The first floor will be a studio with desktop quantum computer's, with the books placed above on the second floor.

After the building designer came to the kindergarten for field mapping and surveying, they went back and drew the design according to Shen Mian's requirements.
"The remainder of our centre's land is not that big and the dragon cubs don't have many books. Just build a library that covers about the same area as the school building, so that although it doesn't look as imposing as those big libraries, it is cost-effective and I have calculated the capacity, it is absolutely enough..."

The building designer used a large light screen in the school building to project the three-dimensional design. The relevant data clearly showed on the light screen, the length, width, height and radius, dazzling the dragons.

Lu Yuan collapsed on Gian, "One look at it and I feel my eyes are going to go bad."

Gian raised his short arms to rub Lu Yuan's eyes.

Yan Tan flew to the podium and carefully panned across the light screen. The 3D model changed directions when he moved and tapping into any room instantly brought up the modelling of that room. When the solids are hidden, only the lines remain, making it clearer.

"Awesome, did you draw this!?"

The building designer smiled, "It's a model made by professional software, if you scale up the projection it will look like a library that has been built. "

Yan Tan exclaimed, "That's so awesome and so cool-"

The little dragon cub turned around, "Dean, I want to learn this!"

Shen Mian: Your Dean doesn't know how to do this.
He'd only learnt CAD by himself in university; new software from the interstellar like this, the original owner had never learned before, so he knew even less.

(CAD is Computer-Aided Design)

Facing the expectant eyes of the dragon cub, Shen Mian could only say, "...I don't know either, let's learn together."

Building designer, "Dean Shen, do you think it's okay to use this design? If it's okay I'll contact the interior designer to do this design."

Shen Mian nodded, "Mhm, then this one."
For now, this configuration is absolutely adequate for the library.

Yan Tan volunteered, "Can I see the designs with you as well?"

Yan Tan had an extraordinary sensitivity to colour and he was interested in getting into this, he may enter this line of work in the future.

Shen Mian looked at the building designer, who had just communicated with the interior designer. After hearing what the little dragon cub said, he asked the interior designer and when he got a reply, he received a cheerful reply, "No problem, I welcome guidance from the little teacher!"

Building designer, "Since the design has been finalised, we'll start construction this afternoon. Our engineers are quick and the entire library including the interior can be completed in about three months. If the interior designs come out quicker, it can be a month shorter."

That quick? Only two to three months including the interior? But being quicker is also a good thing.
Shen Mian nodded, "Then we'll be troubling you."

In the afternoon, after construction work on the library began, Shen Mian finally knew why the construction period was so short – as soon as the construction team arrived on-site, most of the dragons performed a passionate striptease and transformed back into their dragon forms. Only the dragons with machines remained in human form.