Chapter 35: School Tyrant

Because of the delay in holding Usher accountable, Shen Mian and Xing Fei stayed outside for a lunch and returned to the centre around 4 pm. As soon as he arrived at the centre’s entrance, Shen Mian was rewarded with three gawking dragon cubs and… an equally gawking Crown Prince.

Shen Mian, “…”

He Xing opened the door and pulled the three overexcited cubs, “Younger sister should be sleeping right now.”

Gian vigorously nodded and raised his claws up to his mouth, “Shh-”

Lu Yuan and Yan Tan covered their mouths together and quietly walked to Shen Mian’s side, looking up at the little girl that Shen Mian was holding in his arms.

The little sister was not quite like them, she looked a little like the dean.

Xing Fei was actually already awake and because she had crumpled Shen Mian’s shirt, she had been lying on Shen Mian’s shoulder and was concentrating on smoothing it out secretly. She suddenly felt footsteps approaching and little Xing Fei turned around, but only saw an unfamiliar uncle.

Shen Mian realised she was awake, bent over and put her down.

The little girl saw the three dragon cubs, she knew Gian but she had never seen the other two before. They should probably be the new older brothers the dean was talking about.
She patted her hair, smoothed out her skirt and smiled at the three dragon cubs, “Hello, my name is Xing Fei.”

Gian stepped forward and held Xing Fei’s hands, “Welcome home.”
Xing Fei looked very different from when she left the centre, but Gian recognised his little sister from a glance.

Lu Yuan and Yan Tan stood in front of Xing Fei, their excitement slowly cooled down and they fell silent at the same time – Why was the little sister taller than them?

This was different from the little sister they had imagined.

During the first stage of development, the appearance of the cubs won’t change much and all the nutrition they get is used to develop their racial instincts. Even a large-sized dragon like Yan Tan is only a little over one meter tall now, so the Gian and the other two dragon cubs are all short and stout now. It is only in the second stage of development that the cubs skyrocket in height and weight.

Because Xing Fei is a human-dragon hybrid, her development does not distinguish between stage one and stage two.
Little Xingfei was already a little taller than all three of the dragon cubs and today she wore a pair of micro heeled shoes that made her look even taller. She was even a head taller than Yan Tan, the tallest of the three cubs.

Gian poked Lu Yuan and Yan Tan, the two dragon cubs snapped awake and gathered around Xing Fei.

Lu Yuan took out a large bag of milk candies from his pocket, “This is a limited edition milk candy, do you like it?”

Yan Tan’s gift was stuffed into Lu Yuan’s pocket. He put his claws in for a while, rummaged through the pile of random knickknacks and pulled out his own present, “I drew a picture…”

Gian felt around his pouch and took out a polished crystal spine. He felt that his gift was a little crude and was a little embarrassed, “You can use it to decorate your room.”
Gem dragons have the habit of collecting their shed scales or crystals spines, similar to how humans collect their babies teeth when they are replaced. However, gem dragons sometimes use these crystals spines and scales to rub against their scales to make their bodies shinier.

The three dragon cubs huddled together, each pair of eyes bright and full of goodwill.

Xing Fei’s eyes slowly curved, facing the enthusiastic older brothers and smiled, “Thank you.”
It’s good to be home.