Chapter 55: Preventing the Disguise from Falling Off

Shen Mian started his live broadcast the next day as usual.

He always began his live broadcasts at a very early time. Even if the weather on Water Star was gradually getting colder, he didn't postpone his live broadcasts. 

At the first light of dawn, Shen Mian had already finished washing up and was preparing today's breakfast in the kitchen. He smoothly switched the standby household robot in the kitchen back to cleaning mode, so that it could go to the dormitory building to do its daily cleaning.

He knew that He Xing's identity was made public, but life in the centre had to go on.

As soon as the live room opened, the number of views jumped like crazy, like a rolling snowball, until the live room automatically limited the flow of viewers and made them enter a queue. The growth rate of viewers slowed down.

Due to the number of viewers, the interface no longer showed the exact number. There were so many barrages overlapping each other that, even with the transparency turned up to 95%, it was still hard to see.

There were a lot of human viewers in Shen Mian's live room and many humans, who didn't know how to get over the wall to visit the dragon's network, didn't know what happened yesterday in the Dragon Empire, so when many late-arriving human fans went through the difficult queue to enter the live room, they were shocked by the live viewing figures and barrages.

The human fans: What happened?

Amidst the sea of completely unreadable barrages, some of the oldest fans with high fan values couldn't resist using their barrage privileges- bold, colour-changing barrages:

[Death Rays: What happened today? Why are there suddenly so many more viewers? And our Dean's viewer count also went up by a lot??]

[Xue Lulu: I'm also confused...did something happen that I don't know about? But I'm really happy that our Mian, no, Dean has gotten more fans.]

[Crown Prince's Medal: Trying to get the dean's attention...begging the dean, who is Mr He?]

[Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs: Mr He? What happened to him? He disappeared two days ago, did he go to inherit his family's fortune?]

[Does your throat hurt today?: Dean, I was up all night. A fierce alpha made such heartbreaking sounds – the one in your family that goes ying ying ying really is...]

These barrages were clearly visible to Shen Mian, who left a perfunctory reply, "Who knows."
He certainly wouldn't take the liberty of revealing He Xing's identity until He Xing made it public – even if everyone knew it by heart, there was only one who could make an official acknowledgment.

The human viewers, who didn't know what was going on, were so curious that they were scratching their heads, but Shen Mian took off his holographic glasses and concentrated on 'taking care' of his pot of soup.

Water Star had heavy rain last night and the temperature plummeted in the morning. It was near the end of October and winter on Water Star was approaching. Xing Fei and Gian's bodies were relatively weak so Shen Mian made a special pot of vegetable soup in the morning.

As soon as the lid of the pot was opened, steam and aromas poured out. Shen Mian slightly tilted his head to avoid the heat to his face and with a spoon, scooped a little bit and put it into a bowl to taste it. He felt the saltiness was just right, put the lid back on, turned off the heat and let it sit.

This soup was not pure broth to suit the taste of all the cubs, using stock brewed from a large bone as a base and adding fresh vegetables and water to simmer. The sweetness of the plants overshadowed the greasiness of the meat, but the richness of the meat was woven into the slight sweetness of the vegetables, making this a soup that even a vegetarian elven dragon could accept.