Chapter 53: Royal Banquet Live Broadcast

Rhein grew up with Vitus's criticism and sarcasm, and whenever Vitus' gaze fell on him, it was inevitably accompanied by a verbal attack. He grew more and more afraid of the gazes of the other dragons as he matured. He always felt that under such gaze, they would spit out malicious words in the next second.

At first, it was a matter of finding a place to stay where there were no other dragons, but as time went on, Rhein realised how enjoyable it was to cut down on interactions with other dragons.

Rhein sat on Lansin's lap and gently shifted his calves.

"I can lie down if I want, sit down if I want and my brain doesn't need to think, I can lie down all day! But while I think it's nice to just be on my own every day, I still don't want to see Dad Vitus, he always makes Dad sad."

It wasn't until he came here that he suddenly realised that a true friend wouldn't force him to play with them under the pretext of "I thought we were good friends". A true friend accepts being different from himself.

Shen Mian was speechless for a long time- Rhein was the interstellar version of standing up at the place where you fell down.

Rhein sneaked a glance at Shen Mian and smiled a bit embarrassedly, "The teachers all said that I don't try hard at all. But I later found out that even if I try, everyone was still just ordinary dragon cubs. Many, many dragons are just ordinary dragon cubs. No matter how beautifully and grandly they write their dreams, it's dragon cubs like me who are the majority."

Shen Mian: ...This is not a simple little salted fish, but a thoughtful salted fish, with a firm position and reason to be salty, no wonder he won't turn over even when he touches the pot.

Shen Mian faced the affirmative look in the little dragon cub's eyes, "Very... philosophical."

Lansin, the silly dad, hugged his son for a moment, "Look, your dean praised you."

Shen Mian silently turned his head.

Lansin took a leave of absence after receiving the news from Shen Mian and after talking with Rhein, he said goodbye to Shen Mian and returned to work.

The dark blue suspension car was still parked in front of the door as Shen Mian sent Lansin out of the centre. As soon as they stepped out, the car door opened and out stepped an adult dragon. He was very tall, about the same as Shen Mian.
He didn't come over and looked Shen Mian up and down, quickly moving his gaze to Lansin.

Shen Mian: "It seems that I won't need to send you."

Lansin smiled, a little embarrassed, "Although the manor is close to the cenrte, I'm so small that it would take me a really long time to walk there, so I had to ask someone else to give me a lift."
He worked on an estate not too far from the centre, the sovereignty of the manor was vested in an adult boiling dragon.

Shen Mian nodded.

Lansin stroked Rhein's hair, "Then Dad will go home first."

Rhein nodded, indicating that he would be good.

When the suspension car turned around and left, Rhein said, "Dean, that uncle just now is my dad's boss. He doesn't look like he'd eat a dragon in his human form."

Shen Mian corrected him, "They don't eat dragons in dragon form either."

......

The Royal Banquet began promptly at 1 pm on October 23rd and will be held late into the night.

The invited media crowded outside the Imperial City before eleven o'clock, and they were still taking pictures of the city, which was built with a special charm, even though they were still outside the Imperial City.