Chapter 30: Losing All Sanity

Jayden's POV

I was fast asleep when I heard the door bang open. Like seriously, who could that be? Well, my night wasn't exactly comfortable so I didn't mind that much although that was totally insane.

Kylie must have been awakened as well as we both sat up in confusion, looking at the door. It was Nick and Kyle.

They both looked like they came straight from their blankets but something they were eager to tell me was much greater than that. I wondered what was happening.

Nick looked at Kylie then back at me. His face looked puzzled and he looked like he was searching for answers. I never wanted him to find out in this way but it was about time anyway. They should have known from the start anyway.

"What's going on here? Why are you both in bed together?" Nick asked, looking at me with eyes reflecting pain.

"Nick.."

"Can we talk about this later? Something much more insane happened. How come you are still sleeping anyway? Get up," Kyle said, removing the blankets.

"What happened?" Kylie asked, standing up and slipping on her morning robe.

"Firstly, Trevor hurt Monica. She's in a critical state but they are taking care of her at the hospital," Nick told us, pacing up and about. He looked like he was about to go crazy.

I understood him. Monica was his everything. This must have shaken him. I always knew Trevor was bad news but I never thought he'd hurt her to the extent of a critical state.

"I'm so sorry, Nick. I should have known. Let's go and see her then," I said, looking for my cellphone.

"We are not going to see her right now. My parents are there. Something else happened," Nick informed me, looking at me with eyes that held mixed feelings of guilt and worry.

"Did he hurt someone else?" I asked, my heart beginning to race.

"Kyra. He took her," Kyle said softly, closing his eyes. When he said her name, my heart skipped a beat.

That couldn't be. I saw her come in from the party and talked to her.

"How? Did he break into the house?" I asked, giving them all my attention. My mood had changed. I was freaking out.

"No. Kyra was at Monica's apartment," Nick explained.

"Is this a joke or something? Kyra came here around midnight. I saw her and talked to her."

"Jayden, we don't have time for this. We have to go to the place where everything happened," Kyle said, trying his best to control his voice.

I couldn't believe it. I saw her. She came home. I walked out of the bedroom to Kyra's bedroom, calling out her name. Martha was standing by her door in tears. I had never seen her cry so much.

I banged the door open and burst into the bedroom.

"Kyra!" I called out, looking around her room. The bed was neatly made as if she never slept on it. Maybe she already woke up and made it.

I saw the dress she wore to the ball and all her jewellery. I proceeded to her bathroom. I didn't care if she was naked. I had to see her. The thought of losing her suddenly made my head spin in circles. I couldn't believe it.

She wasn't in there. I walked out of the bedroom and Nick, Martha, Kyle and Kylie were there waiting for me. Kylie had already changed into jeans and a sweater. She was on her cellphone, looking at something I didn't care to know.