Chapter 86: Happy Place

Jayden's POV

Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses. It heals in deep ways that lie beyond our human understanding.

I had that sort of love within me, drowning me completely and filling every fiber of my being. It drove me crazy and yet at it same time, it was the only thing keeping me sane.

They say that where there is love, there is life. In my world, where her love existed, I was saved and liberated. Her tender and heartwarming love was what kept me alive. Her prayers, strength and resilience held me together and pushed me with a tender touch of grace and love to open my eyes and overcome the shadow of death.

There wasn't a day of me being painfully trapped in my body that I didn't hear her sweet voice, feel her healing touch and smell her delicious scent every time she walked into the room. I wanted to get up and hold her tightly in my arms every single time, to tell her how much I loved and adored her and to fulfil each and every promise I had made to her.

But, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. I was trapped in my own body, in a place that I never wanted to go back to ever again because I knew it didn't only give me pain, but it gave her twice the pain that I felt.

It crushed my heart and made it bleed knowing that I was the cause of the tears she shed and the loneliness she felt. It made me want to fight against every condition, every force and all the odds to put back her enchanting smile on her beautiful face and bring back the excitement and happiness she desired in her life.

It had already been twelve hours plus since the miracle of my deliverance from darkness had occurred, but I had neither seen her nor heard her voice. I could still feel her calming presence in my heart and I could hear her soothing voice assuring me that everything was going to be okay. That was what kept me holding on.

She might not have been with me physically, but our hearts were connected. Every breath I took, despite the pain I felt, was for her. I had to hold on and keep my eyes open for the one woman my heart desired because I knew she was coming. She was almost there.

I had woken up with a hazy memory and discomfort all over my body, but the first thing I remembered was that I was married to the sweetest, bravest and most beautiful wife in the entire world. She had been my last memory before I crashed and now, she had been my first memory. Everything else came after that.

When I first opened my eyes, I hadn't managed to stay awake for long, but as the hours progressed, I was regaining my consciousness fully. I had already gone through a series of tests and medical procedures and had received some injections as part of my treatment.

I was in a lot of pain physically and I felt uncomfortable in my own body. It was way much better now compared to how I felt when I initially woke up. According to the experts, it was normal after the accident and the coma and I'd be okay in a matter of weeks of treatment.

I was more than grateful that the accident and the coma had had minimum effects on my health physically and mentally. I didn't have any sort of disability or complicated condition that was life threatening. It was just a matter of time and the pain would go away and I'd have my good health back.

It was a miracle to me that I had survived and I was willing to do anything to regain my strength and good health. I was willing to cooperate.

Everyone but Dad and Kyra had arrived minutes after I woke up. Their support was tremendous and I appreciated each and every one of them. I felt their presence every week and seeing them right there with me when I needed my family with me made me feel loved and supported. We were a great family.