Chapter 65: Eventful Friday

Kyra's POV

I attended work as early as six on a hectic Friday after leaving work the previous day at ten. It proved pretty much worth it as I had managed to carry out most of the duties I had and clear up all my paperwork. I had attended many meetings, answered many stressful phonecalls and dealt with tough journalists on various interviews regarding my life and my work.

I was glad the day was almost over and I'd finally get time to be with Jayden. With the weekend around the corner, I made sure I cleared up my schedule. I needed to spend time with him peacefully.

I had only had a cup of coffee and yogurt since morning. I wasn't that hungry yet because I was busy, but I knew I'd dig into my favourite food once I got home.

I stood in the elevator that took me from the ground floor where I had been handing out important files to the executive floor. I was the only one in that elevator, browsing through a magazine with Mom's most recent designs and achievements. She was doing great and Dad would've been really proud of her.

I was busy focusing on the magazine when the elevator stopped and someone got in. The doors of the elevator closed, my eyes still glued to the magazine. I didn't look up to see who it was as I was engrossed in the articles, but from the musky scent, I could tell it was a man.

Just to be polite, I shifted my gaze from the magazine in my hands to the towering figure standing next to me. The person I saw standing next to me rendered me speechless. I didn't think my day could get any worse, but Kevin Morgan, my most recent nightmare, proved me otherwise.

I sighed faintly and tightened my grip on the magazine. It had barely been a day since he spilled hot coffee on me and he was back again. I was glad my breast was perfectly fine now, but I still had to be alert. He was dangerous and I was in an elevator with him. Alone.

"Don't you think Mother Nature is trying to send us a message? This is the second time we're together alone," Kevin said making me roll my eyes internally. He irritated me all of a sudden. What was his deal anyway? I gave him a deaf ear and he chuckled.

"How's your breast feeling now? Honestly, I'd give anything to feel those perfect mounds in my hands again. Maybe directly next time?"

"So you did that on purpose, Kevin," I snapped, shooting daggers at him.

Kevin smirked. "I knew that would get you talking." Kevin had his hands in his pockets with a look of satisfaction on his face. I wondered what exactly I had done to him to deserve such disrespectful treatment from him.

"I'm a married woman, Kevin. Despite that, you can't touch me just as you please. Next time, keep your dirty hands to yourself," I stood my grounds.

"You seemed to have loved my touch though. You've never been touched like that."

"I'm sure there's a huge difference between pain and pleasure."

"What's pleasure without a little bit of pain? Or maybe you love the extremes?"

"What do you want from me? What are your true intentions? You say shit when we're alone and pretend to be innocent and cool in front of everyone."

"Because you're the only one who should hear those words and believe them."

I was beginning to lose my cool. His intentions were not at all pure. Jayden was right to feel jealous the other day. The way he stared at me was uncomfortable. I just wanted to get off the elevator and go my way. What if he suddenly decided to back me to a wall and abuse me? He was obviously stronger than me and could easily overpower me. Those thoughts bugged me a lot and made my heart beat a little faster than usual.