Chapter 13: Nick, Hugs, Surprises and Plans

Kyra's POV

Nick's Chevrolet Camaro was quite a cool and comfortable car. It was smart, classic and he treated it like his baby.

We had been travelling for roughly half an hour just enjoying the peace as we listened to the radio and pretended we were both in our own worlds.

My head had cooled off a bit but I could still feel the buzz of the migraine in my head. Whatever drug he had given had surely resurrected me from the dead and I needed it again in the near future because I could feel my head get heavier and heavier by the passing minute.

"How are you feeling, Kyra?" Nick asked me as he looked at me shortly then turned his attention back to the road.

"My head is getting heavier by the minute. It's getting stronger but I think I can handle it."

I had been through worse. This was nothing I couldn't handle. Fear was suffocating me though. Everything was suddenly scaring me. I felt like death was knocking at my door.

That suffocating feeling was the same feeling I felt minutes before I lost my dad. That was the feeling I felt minutes before my entire world crumbled right before my eyes.

"We can go back home and let you rest for a while," Nick suggested giving me a worried look.

"Am I going to die, Nick?" I asked him honestly tears welling up in my eyes.

I felt as if he was hiding something from me. He was the doctor yet I could see fear in his eyes. I could see worry and uncertainty in his eyes as if he wasn't sure what would happen to me.

Nick immediately stopped the car at the side of the road and looked at me with utter surprise in his eyes.

"What's wrong Kyra? Where did that even come from?" he asked me looking at my welling up eyes.

"You look worried, like something is gonna happen," I sighed and pressed my palms to the sides of my throbbing head, "how do you think it makes the patient feel when the doctor seems to be hiding something?" I breathed fighting back my tears.

"Kyra, worrying is something natural. I'm just worried about you and how you are feeling, nothing serious. I was just scared when you called me and I found you in a terrible state," he explained and I slid my hands back to my sides.

I covered my eyes with my hands as I felt hot tears prick my eyes. I felt really weak whenever I cried in front of people.

I started crying, the tears just started spilling out of my eyes and and I couldn't pull myself together. I didn't even understand what was going on with me.

I felt Nick's hands on mine as he tried to remove them from my eyes gently but I held them on tightly.

"Just l-leave me a-alone please," I stuttered as I rubbed my eyes.

Nick struggled with my hands until he removed them and made me look into his eyes.

"I will never leave you alone, Kyra. I promised Jay that I'm going to take care of you and that's exactly what I'm going to do," he told me firmly holding my hands in his.

"Nick I don't want to hurt you. You have no idea how crazy I get when I'm mad so please just pretend I'm not here."

"Then let out all of your anger, frustration and pain on me. I'll endure it. Just let go of yourself Kyra," he insisted and I shook his hands off out of frustration but he didn't give up. He cupped my cheeks with his warm hands.

I looked into his eyes, they were filled with worry, compassion and love. I felt bad for making him deal with all of my drama. It's just that I was used to fighting all of my demons on my own but now that I had someone who cared I was losing control.