Chapter 46: No Saint

Kyra's POV

"I'm a virgin," I divulged.

There. I said it. I told him the truth I had decided to hide from him till I had no idea when. It was about time anyway.

I let go of him and looked into his eyes, my hands resting on his shoulders. I stared at him, waiting for a reaction.

He stared back at me without giving me any reaction I could decipher and attach to some sort of a feeling. He just stared at me speechlessly. The last reaction I expected at breaking such confidential information was a staring contest.

"Jayden, I'm a virgin," I repeated, gripping his shoulders a little bit tighter.

That didn't break his intense stare. He looked at me as if I had suddenly grown a pair of wings and I was informing him that I was flying to heaven.

"Is this a joke? Am I supposed to laugh?" he asked, purely still in a state of shock.

"I'm a virgin, Jayden. I've never been with a man before. Every intimate thing I've ever done is with you. You are my first kiss."

"First kiss? That's.... that's impossible," his voice cracked as he forced a chuckle of disbelief.

"Please don't make this harder than it already is for me," I begged him, averting my eyes from his. This was way harder than I thought.

"First kiss, Kyra? That's impossible. I mean, you kissed me back like you knew what you were doing."

"I know, Jay. I was scared. I didn't even know how I was supposed to move my lips or how to hold onto you, believe me when I say that. But when you started moving your lips, it was like an automatic response. You guided me. It felt right and I just did what I thought was right," I replied, trying to make him believe what I was saying.

"Are you being serious, Kyra?" he asked me, making me feel embarrassed.

"Don't laugh at me, please. I'm being honest."

"No, no. I'd never do that, Kyra. I'm just shocked. This is kinda unbelievable, you know," he said, holding my hands.

"But you have to believe what I'm telling you," I replied convincingly.

"I asked you if you were a virgin twice and you said you weren't. You said you've had sex three times before, Kyra."

"I'm sorry I lied to you, okay? How was I even supposed to tell you that? You'd only think of me as an inexperienced girl who doesn't know anything about intimacy or something of that sort."

"I don't care about experience, Kyra."

"I didn't want you to think of me as someone who couldn't meet your demands as a man. I don't have experience, but I know I can try my best and I'm willing to learn and improve."

"No, Kyra. You've been amazing at everything we've done so far. I just can't believe it."

"If you don't believe me, I can prove it. I think everything is still intact since there was no blood when you touched me. We can..."

"No, no, no, no. There's absolutely no need for that. You don't have to prove anything. I believe you. I trust you with all my heart. I'd never do that to you, Kyra. I trust you," he responded passionately, holding my hands even tighter.

"So trust me when I say I didn't have sex with Nick. I'd never do that to you, to Nick or to myself."

"I'm sorry for everything I said. I trust you. I believe you. I'm sorry, Kyra."

His eyes were full of sincerity and honesty. He held my hands like our lives depended on it. The way he looked at me was different. It was more intense and much more meaningful.