Chapter 82: The Game Has Changed

Kyra's POV

There was a point in my life when I lived in constant fear for my life, a point where I was weak and vulnerable. Everyone I knew and loved deeply trampled on me and treated me like trash, wounding me deeply and taking advantage of me.

I never thought one day, I'd have a different perspective to life and I'd ever be able to get on my feet, make my own decisions and use my voice to speak up for myself and do what was best for me. I never thought I'd ever be able to love myself again, look in the mirror and see someone beautiful, even with all the flaws, worth of living every bit of life like everyone else and just living the life I wanted to live.

Chiefly, I never imagined that one day, some of the people who always terrorised me and treated me however they wanted at their disposal would someday have to bow in front me and beg for mercy with fear in their eyes; the same fear I had whenever they crushed me.

I spun the chair in front of me, making it face backwards, then I straddled it, leaning my folded arms against the top rail of the chair. I tapped my knee high leather boots on the wooden floor lazily as I scrutinised the weary face of the terrified woman before me.

I had dressed up in mostly leather for this occasion. I had leather pants on, clinging comfortably tight to my skin, a black long sleeved polo neck and a sleeveless grey faux fur coat. I also had rubber gloves on. Underneath my clothes, I wore something sexy. I wasn't wearing it for anyone but for myself. It gave me a unique and comforting sense of feminism and self assurance that I was beautiful. I felt confident with myself.

The first step of my plan had been getting Kylie right where I wanted her; somewhere private and safe enough for me to execute my plan without any disturbances. The location set was the basement of an old building in the outskirts of New York City.

Securing the building at our disposal had been quite easy and the area had been assessed for potential threats. It was the best place in the entire city we could get in terms of privacy and safety.

Kylie had been brought into the basement by my bodyguards half an hour before my arrival around six in the evening. They had waited for her to get out of her apartment first before getting her. It seemed she had been trying to sneak out of the apartment, but they had followed her and managed to secretly get her to come with them using a few threats. She was quite a feisty woman who never gave up without a fight.

Kylie sat before me, tied up to the chair with a gag around her mouth. They hadn't hurt her in any way like I had instructed. That'd come a little later if she forced me to. She wasn't crying yet, but her eyes were filled with tears of agony, pain and suffering. She was trying to shield her pain and look like she wasn't scared, but her body language and eyes gave her away. I knew she had been fighting her own battles, but I was fighting my own as well.

I knew that having her here against her will was absolutely wrong and I'd get into trouble with the law for it if she were to report me, but I had already thought of all that and I was willing to take the risk. These days, it was all about taking risks.

I had lived most of my life being selfless, doing things for everyone and dancing to everyone's tune. This was one of the few instances where I chose to be selfish and do something for myself. I had to ignore everyone else, and do what I believed was best for me at the moment. I had to borrow the traits of a cold and heartless villain for once in my life and let things go my way.

I stretched my hand forward and pulled the gag down gently with a small smile on my face. Kylie started taking deep breaths as soon as I did and quite unexpectedly, her tears started falling immediately as she looked at me with terror evident in her brown eyes. I never thought I could ever scare anyone in my entire life. All along I had been the one to get scared. The game had changed.