Chapter 59: I Love You

Jayden's POV

After a long and tiresome Monday with many appointments and boring meetings, I collapsed into my swivel chair and sat back to relax for a while, leisurely rotating it from left to right.

My last client was a Russian business tycoon, buying diamonds worth around a billion dollars. He was quite an influential man and I was expecting another visit from him by the end of the week to finalise the deal.

I checked the time on my wrist watch. It was a few minutes past three. I hadn't seen or heard from Kyra from the previous day till date. Her cellphone was switched off and according to Flavia and Layton, she was really busy, but would be in her office before four.

I prayed she would show up. I had plans for us that I didn't want to be ruined. I had to tell her I loved her and that I already pictured her being the mother of our children. My love for her wasn't a joke. It was real and deep. I could feel it. It consumed me completely.

There was a knock at the door and I opened my eyes, turning my attention to the door. It was Valencia, holding a large bouquet of red roses. I motioned for her to come in. I wondered who had sent me those roses.

Val walked in and placed the flowers on my desk. They were freshly picked and they smelled amazing. "Who's this?" I asked Val, taking one rose. I drew it closer to my nose and smiled when the scent filled my nostrils.

"Nicholas Calleiro. He came in two hours ago. He said he misses you a lot and loves you to the moon and back," Val replied, leaning against my desk.

"Nick? Are you sure they're mine? I talked to him in the morning. Why would he send me flowers? Wasn't he flirting with you?"

"He did throw a few good sweet nothings, but the flowers are yours. He's just so amazing. He's going out with a redhead from the Marketing Department. They're the hot topic in the office right now."

"Hmm... It's probably just a fling. He's into those females he works with."

"Was Kyra ever a nurse or a doctor?" Val asked me and I threw the rose at her. She caught it laughing. "Get lost," I snapped.

"Come on. I'm just kidding. They're just really good friends. Had she not been married, we'd be telling a different story. You're just lucky she's a loyal wife."

"What do I even pay you for? Gossip and chitchat?"

"That's part of my job description from your dad. He wouldn't want his only son to die from boredom all day long."

"Whatever. Did you do what I asked you?"

"Yes, Boss. I got it and and the tag as well. I took it to your house and Christian handled its shelter. She's soooo gonna love it. It's cute and fun."

"Perfect. Thank you. Have you heard from her?"

"Yes. Actually, that's why I came in here. She arrived about an hour ago. She had a meeting in her department, but it's over now. She said she'll drop by soon. She's looking gorgeous. We have a bunch of horny men in the office. They won't stop gossiping."

"I think it's high time I fired some jerks. I won't have it that way. She's my wife and I won't tolerate such nonsense in my company."

Valencia laughed. "You've always been a jealous man. Tell me something though. What am I missing out on? What happened with Kylie? She didn't come over or call today? You two broke up?"

"Yes, Val. Now leave me alone and don't go around telling any of my friends. They don't know yet. I want Kyra to know first, but from me."

"My mouth is zipped. Welcome to the light, Boss. Took you seven months to finally realise you love that beautiful wife of yours. She's gonna be happy. I'm happy for both of you. I've always shipped the two of you."