Chapter 41: Overwhelming Emotions

Kyra's POV

"Why the long face, Kyra? Missing Jay?" Monica asked, smearing her usual scented body lotion onto her glowing skin.

She was just in attractive black lace lingerie which was perfect for her body. Sometimes I wished I could be as confident as she was with herself after everything that happened. I was literally avoiding everyone who wasn't family or close friends. She was doing quite the opposite.

"Nothing. Just bored," I replied, stretching my legs slowly and gently from the plushy grey Lovesac beanbag chair I was sleeping on. It was becoming my favourite spot in my bedroom over the past week.

"So why do you keep on googling about him, buying every magazine and anything that has information about him? You've even started watching the news," Monica pointed out, slipping on a neon lime bandeau dress.

Living with her for the past week had done me a lot of good. We shared my bedroom and I felt comfortable talking to her about everything bothering me especially my demons from the incident with Trevor.

We were going through the same pain and trauma so we understood each other better than anyone else could. At night we'd cuddle up and talk. Sometimes we ended up crying like babies and sometimes we ended up laughing and having fun.

It was a much needed healing process. I loved having her around to make me laugh and forget I had a workaholic billionaire husband who I hadn't seen in a week while he was away in Mauritius for a business trip.

According to the media, he was buying a holiday resort and investing in tourism in Mauritius. He was also doing charity work and sponsoring certain departments in some public hospitals. I wished I was by his side through all his work.

"I haven't even talked to him in like six days. Val answers most of my calls and replies all my messages. When he answers, it's just a brief talk. I want to get better and travel the world with him," I grumbled, standing up.

I limped to the floor to ceiling window to get a view of the garden and the pool. My knee was getting better after a lot of effort. I was working out with my doctor and an older nurse who was now my personal nurse. I still had the wheelchair, but I wasn't using it. It just made me lazy.

"He'll be back soon. I'm sure he misses you more. He didn't wanna go, but he had to. Give him a few more days."

"It feels like a century," I complained, folding my arms and pouting.

"I hate doing this to you right now, but I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow morning," Monica sincerely apologised, grabbing her purse. I smiled at her. She looked way taller in her nude ankle strap heels.

"Who are you spending the night with? It's still noon and you want to spend the rest of the day, the night then tomorrow morning."

"I'm going wine tasting at your company. You didn't want to come with, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah. Looks more like a date if you'd ask me. Come on. Spill it. I know you're seeing Layton. You sneak out at night and come back with hickeys and shower right after that to cover up."

"Okay, you got me," Monica surrendered looking at her reflection in the mirror. She was dressed to kill.

"I'm not seeing him as such. We aren't dating. It's just a no strings attached type of a relationship. It's just for pleasure."

"Does Nick know?" I asked her. She walked to me and gave me her full attention.

"He doesn't and you're not telling him either. No one should know, especially Nick."