Chapter 75: Mysterious Package And Setup

Jayden's POV

Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.

It doesn't really matter how many ups and downs you face together or how often you trash each other and wish to end your relationship. At the end of the day, they make up a great part of who we become.

Being among a group of amazing people I knew personally at different levels just made me feel like I belonged, like I had family to look up to.

There was no other place I'd rather be.

Flavia's birthday night was a huge success. It was definitely one of the best nights of my life. I just loved spending time with the people I loved and sharing life experiences with them.

Everything was classic, legit and luxurious. Her budget for the entire day of celebrating her birthday reached an eight million figure. Around half a million dollars was spent on chocolates only. She was obsessed with delicious chocolate.

Her entire mansion was adorned with roses of each and every type especially her favourite rose, the white rose. The lighting was spectacular and the food was excellent, with a variety of cuisines to tickle our taste buds and the finest wine I had ever tasted.

We had the best entertainment from a special performance from Flavia's favourite band to a spectacular performance by synchronised swimmers. It was amazing.

My eyes followed the queen of my heart throughout the night, watching her and admiring her. She had the brightest smile on her face throughout all the events of the night. In my own eyes, she was the happiest person in the room.

This was her dream, to be close to her family and just be happy. She yearned for her mother's love and tonight, Flavia showered her with her attention and love. She had her by her side since dinner and they were together in almost every picture.

To honour her, Flavia had actually worn a dazzling blue gown designed by Kyra. It was one of the special gowns from the collection they had collaborated on and it was truly perfect and she rocked it.

Kyra had worked really hard on designing that gown. She wanted to design something unique, creative and spectacular. She had outdone herself on that masterpiece.

We were currently in the living room, drinking vintage wine with the piano and violin playing softly and melodiously in the background. We weren't doing anything in particular. We were just casually talking, sharing life achievements to toast to while we waiting for the fireworks.

Everyone but Kylie had attended the celebration which was meant strictly for family and very close family friends. She probably had reasons why she didn't attend.

Kyra was sitting between Flavia and Layton, talking about one of the biggest achievements in her life, our marriage. To be more specific, she proposed a toast to the intense love we felt for each other. We toasted to that and really, I was happy.

She wasn't ashamed to call me hers. She wasn't ashamed of our love for each other. She could proudly declare it among everyone special to her and it gave me the most amazing feelings of joy deep in my heart.

She was wearing a sexy midnight blue lace appliqued one shoulder front split dress with red studded open toe high heels that matched with my formal attire of a midnight blue suit and a red tie. Her make up was simply perfect especially the red lipstick on her delicious lips that made me crave to get close to her, to touch her and feel every inch of her skin.

Self control was a virtue that seemed to disappear whenever my wife flashed one of those seductive and charming smiles of hers at me.

She was wearing the necklace I gave her on the day when I confessed my love to her. She had told me before that of all the jewelry I had given her, that necklace was her favourite. It was special to her and she'd cherish it for life.