Chapter 70: Deep In Love

Jayden's POV

I spent my entire morning attending meeting after meeting with French investors and loyal clients who kept our business going. It was pretty much a busy day like the previous two.

I attended my last meeting of the day at eleven in the morning with the founders of an art gallery my mom had sponsored from the day of its establishment.

Art was her passion and it was truly an honour to carry on her legacy. Even after her death, Dad and I had continued sponsoring the gallery and putting up Mom's paintings in memory of her and to share her talent with the world.

Visiting this gallery was traditional every time we were in Paris. This trip wasn't an exception and I had made a charity donation to the gallery like we always did. I knew my mom was happy with this and watching over us with a smile in heaven.

After my meeting, I walked around the gallery to see the paintings and to interact with different people who were into art. It was an amazing way to end my day at the gallery.

I was with Valencia, Christian, my publicist plus one more bodyguard. They had been instrumental throughout my stay in Paris and they had breaks sponsored by the company whenever I wasn't in need of their services.

Kyra had her own team with her, helping her with her work plus security. I couldn't wait to see her after lunch.

I had lunch with my team in a restaurant. Our flight back to New York was scheduled for the next day at eight in the morning. This trip had been a really busy one and we hadn't gotten much time to go around visiting places. This was the only time we had to enjoy ourselves without any work related disturbances.

I gave everyone a break for the entire day since my schedule was clear. We'd meet the following day on our way to the airport.

Christian followed me to my suite after lunch. He was working with my PI on Kevin's case so he was updating me on any recent mischief or suspicious behaviour. It turned out that Kevin had been too busy to be up to anything for the entire day.

There seemed to have been someone following me the previous night when I went to the bar. My instincts were correct after all. The person, who Christian had confirmed to be a man, hadn't shown his intentions yet, but he appeared to have had a camera so we were suspecting he was a paparazzo. They were still looking into it.

"Sir, I have information regarding Miss Kylie as well," Christian informed me as we wrapped up our conversation.

"Sure. Did she do anything? She's been acting weird lately."

"She approached me twice today, looking for you and asking about your schedule while you were in your meetings," he informed me.

"Really? She never called. Did she say anything?"

"No. She had an envelope with her, but I'm not sure if it was meant for you. She seemed nervous and agitated."

I sighed, trying to think what exactly was going on with her. If she had important information to tell me, why couldn't she just call me or message me? "What do you think, Chris? What do you think her motive is?"

"Personally, I think whatever she wants to tell you is something that she doesn't want Kevin to find out about. She doesn't want Kevin to know that the two of you are either talking or meeting up. I don't know if it's important or not, but it must be confidential."

"Thanks, Chris. You may go now and keep me informed if anything comes up. Don't keep anything from me. Even the smallest detail is important."

"I understand, sir. I'll keep you posted."