Chapter 51: Plans Gone Awry

Kyra's POV

I woke up feeling a lot of beautiful emotions all at once. Apart from events of the previous night that left me imagining a lot of wild things, I had a very beautiful dream. It was one of my favourite dreams ever.

I dreamt of my dad. We were together and we were happy. I could feel his presence in my dream, watching over me and guiding me. I rarely saw him in my dreams, but this dream was one of those rare dreams.

Replaying everything in my mind made me smile. I missed him a lot, but I knew he was in a better place. It was officially five years since he passed away. It felt like he had been with us a few days ago. It was funny how time flew.

"Good morning, sweetheart. You're smiling and it's a beautiful way to start your day," Jayden's voice broke me out of my thoughts. He wasn't in bed.

He was sitting on a grey sofa in a corner with his laptop on his laps. He had a glass of whiskey in his right hand. He looked like he had already showered. He was looking fresh and gorgeous in white skinny jeans and a red Adidas long-sleeve full hoodie.

I smiled brightly at him, pulling the blanket up my exposed chest. I was completely naked. I wasn't used to being this naked in front of him yet.

"Good morning, Jay. You're up so early?"

Jayden closed his laptop and put it on the small glass table next to him. "I had a few pending issues to attend to. I'm all done now," he replied.

Jayden finished up his whiskey and he put the glass on the table. He stood up and joined me on the bed. He looked gorgeous. He sat facing me with his legs on the floor.

"I'm glad that you're smiling. Are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine. I had a dream of my dad today. It was amazing. I miss him a lot."

"I'm sure he's watching over you and he's happy that you are happy. If you need anything today, I'll be right here for you."

I took his hand and squeezed it gently. "I know I can always count on you for anything. Thank you for your support, Jay. I truly appreciate it."

"Anytime, Kyra."

"It's still dark outside. What time is it?"

"Four. You can go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Breakfast is at eight."

"No. I have to go and see Mom. We're having a talk today. I'll just wash my face and brush my teeth."

Jayden pecked my forehead."I'll make you a cup of coffee so long."

I nodded and smiled as he left. I got up from bed and went straight to the bathroom. It'd take me only a few days to walk completely well without a limp. I was almost there.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I had a pair of grey sweatpants in the cabinet in my bathroom so I pulled them on together with a red front wrap top. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and made my way out of the bathroom to the bedroom.

Jayden was already waiting for me, holding a steaming hot cup of coffee. I walked up to him and stood in front of him. He handed me the cup and I took it with a smile on my face. I took a sip. It tasted amazing. I definitely needed coffee like this everyday.

"Do you remember last night?" Jayden asked me softly, putting his right hand around my waist. He pulled me closer to him and our bodies collided.

I looked up at him and my eyes met his alluring pair. His lips looked so inviting, ready to welcome me home. Whenever I had contact with his drool worthy body, my hormones flared out of control.