Chapter 72: Apart And Distraught

Kyra's POV

Love is true when it gives you the freedom to be the perfect reflection of your real self, doing exactly all you've ever wanted to do.

I never expected that one day, I'd be where I was at the moment, happy and madly in love. I wasn't just in love with my husband, but also with myself and every single second we spent together.

I always wished to receive his love and share his home with him as his soulmate, but what he gave me was beyond that. He respected me and supported each and every dream of mine. He stood by me through thick and thin, loving me, supporting me and giving me advice.

Even when we were physically apart, nothing changed regarding our feelings for each other. It was a strong bond with roots deep in my heart. No one could uproot that fruitful tree of our love, not when I was still alive and breathing.

Now that we were planning on having our first baby, I only felt closer to him and happy that he had chosen me to carry his children in my womb. Our children. The fruits of our love.

It had already been a week since we left Paris for New York. The week was busy with the two of us having minimum time to spend with each other. Despite that, I still received his gifts and mind-blowing quickies in his office. The days were long, but we made the nights passionately longer daily.

The fact that it was already Friday thrilled me. He had promised me that we'd spent the entire weekend together. That was something to look forward to. I couldn't wait to leave work already and head straight towards home.

I put my hand on my belly with a small smile on my face. I couldn't wait for the day we'd get the news. I couldn't wait to get pregnant. This was something I dreamt of and wished would be fulfilled.

I sat back in my chair and closed my eyes, thinking about him. He loved me. He satisfied every single need of mine. I loved every second he made love to me, every thrust, every kiss, every bite and every orgasm.

Every inch of my body was ablaze for his touch and kisses. I wanted him so badly. Every single day. I was still a young woman and he was a young man. Through God's blessings and divine protection, we'd grow old together and live to see our grandchildren.

No other thought was as satisfying as knowing he was my soulmate.

My cellphone vibrated, distracting me from my thoughts. I picked it up from my desk and checked my notifications. It was a message from Nick confirming that he'd pick me up during lunch hour.

We hadn't talked in days due to our busy schedules, but to make up for it, we were having lunch together. By the sound of it, it wasn't just about catching up, but rather, he sounded as if he had something important to talk to me about.

I had asked Jayden in the morning regarding his afternoon schedule and unfortunately, he had a meeting during lunch hour. Hence, we couldn't be together. He was aware though of where to find me as soon as he was done.

It was kind of weird though that he hadn't messaged me since the last time I saw him during tea break. He had a free hour right before lunch, but he was unavailable. Maybe something had come up and he got caught up in work. I did leave him some sweet messages though so that when he'd open his chats, he'd have a reason to smile.

I cleared up my desk after going through a few financial transactions I had recorded over the week and balanced everything off. I liked keeping my personal space tidy and neat.

As I was closing the curtains, I heard a brief knock at the door that made me turn around. It was Kyle at the door and he came straight in, closing the door behind him.