Chapter 24: Untamed

Kyra's POV

I sat cross legged on the carpeted floor, the red box in front of me. I took a deep breath and then wiped away my tears that seemed to keep on flowing involuntarily.

With trembling hands, I reopened it and I looked at the picture that had made me cry. It was a beautiful picture of when I was eighteen, with Layton standing between Lisa and I. Our faces were beaming with joy.

That was one of our best pictures together and one of our favourites. We all had a copy each and back in the days, there was an enlargement of it proudly hung on the wall in the living room. It was unfortunately taken down when Dad passed away and ever since, I had never seen it.

Even my copy had been taken away and all other memories I had in pictures or videos. Seeing it after nearly five years overwhelmed me with joy.

I flipped over the photo and saw a note stuck onto back. It was Layton's handwriting.

'Cry a river, build a bridge and walk over it.'

The words sank deep into my heart. He was telling me to overcome my problems, but how could I when they made my life a living hell?

I saw a couple of photos as well of me in my brighter years with Mom, Dad, Lisa and Layton. I begged them to give me at least one picture day and night, but they never listened. Finally, they had fulfilled my wish.

I also found a dress in the box paired with red bottoms. It's tag was written Flavia, so I guessed my mom had designed it especially for me. It was really a special moment for me. Mom always designed dresses especially for Lisa on every project of hers and every function. Lisa always stood proud in Mom's talent. I admired her.

Another thing that made me smile was the red lace lingerie in the box. It felt special coming from my Mom. Even the dress was red in colour.

I tried it on and it fit me perfectly well like a glove. It was a unique gown that suit my taste and body perfectly well.

I slept perfectly well, knowing that there was light at the end of the tunnel. My family was slowly but surely coming around!

The next day, it was evening before I even knew it. I hadn't seen Jay much, the few times I met him he gave me a smile and asked how I was doing. I loved it when he was concerned about me.

I had a make up artist doing my make up and a hair stylist for my hair as per custom. I also had my nails done. Being a billionaire's wife meant I had to look on point and set the pace. I felt beautiful in my lingerie. It was the first time getting such a gift.

I wore my special red gown made of soft, satiny fabric, long and loose. A semicircular, high collar made of silk-like materials headed the ankle-length gown. Everything was just perfect.

Jayden had promised to give me jewellery to wear, so I waited patiently for him to call me. I sat on my bed chatting on my phone with Nick about random stuff.

I heard a light knock at the door and I put my cellphone away. I went on to open the door. Jayden stood there looking handsome as usual in a formal suit. His tie matched my gown. I loved his taste in fashion.

Jayden was holding a jewellery case. I looked at his handsome face with innocent eyes. His hair was neatly combed and his lips looked inviting. I kept on looking at them for a while and I unconsciously bit my bottom lip. I needed him.

"Don't do that. It won't be good for either of us in a few seconds," he warned, moving past me into my bedroom, right after eye wrapping my body.

"Sounds like fun."