Chapter 76: Broken Hearts

Jayden's POV

When Kyra said she was going to show her bad bitch side, what I imagined was nothing close to the horrific drama unfolding before me. The sweet and soft Kyra I knew vanished out of the blue and the side of her I never knew existed emerged.

Kyra attacked Kylie with the shower head mercilessly, hitting her bare arms and legs over and over again. Her actions screamed bitterness and untameable anger. I could feel the pain and the confusion going on in her mind.

Kylie's cries for mercy filled the room as she tried her best to take the shower head away from Kyra and stop her from hitting her with it.

The floor was wet and slippery. I was afraid Kyra would slip and fall since she wasn't concentrating on where she was stepping, but rather on her target. To make matters worse, she was still wearing heels.

"If you think you can get away with everything then you're wrong, Kylie," Kyra raged, shrugging off Kylie's hands clamped around her wrists. "Why can't you see others happy and leave them alone?"

Kylie pushed Kyra away from her forcefully and fled out. I didn't let her slip or fall. I caught her cautiously just on time in my arms, searching for her eyes desperately.

She didn't let me hold her for more than two seconds. She didn't even look at me. She quickly regained her composure and stood on her feet, taking off her heels.

I turned off the tap meanwhile as Kyra stormed out and I followed right after her, calling her. She threw her heels at Kylie who was still opening the door to get into the bedroom. "Get out!" she yelled.

I had left my clothes in the bathroom, but I couldn't find them. I grabbed a white gown instead hung on a hook and hurriedly wore it, tying the belt securely.

I ran after Kyra into the bedroom where she was all over Kylie, screaming at her and grabbing her as she looked around for her clothes.

The state of the bedroom left me speechlessly shocked. It made me realise that this was a carefully calculated plan to leave me in trouble.

The bed was untidy with Kylie's clothes and mine scattered both on the floor and the bed. No wonder I couldn't find my clothes in the bathroom. How had she even managed to do everything in such a short space of time?

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at Kylie. How could she stoop so low? To even think of the fact that I trusted she wanted to help me made my heart ache painfully.

"Take your clothes and leave this place this instant, Kylie. I don't want to see you here ever again!" Kyra screamed at Kylie who was still naked, searching for her dress. She was crying miserably.

Kylie grabbed my shirt which was close to her and she tried to put it on, but Kyra snatched it away from her and struck her on her back with it twice. "You will only take what belongs to you. Take your clothes and get out!"

"I'm leaving, Kyra! Trust me, I don't want to be here either," Kylie cried, crawling onto the bed. "I'm leaving," she mumbled, wiping away her tears.

Kyra fell silent for a minute, helplessly looking at Kylie. Her bottom lip quivered and her ocean eyes were filled with tears, threatening to spill any second. Her grip on my shirt in her left hand was crazy tight, but with every passing second, it loosened.

"I hate you," Kyra whispered, her voice breaking. "I hate you, Kylie. I regret ever being nice to you and treating you like a friend because guess what?" Tears escaped from Kyra's eyes and she took a deep sigh, looking straight at Kylie who was facing away from her, putting on her dress. "You don't deserve it. I deserve better," Kyra cried, with a sigh of defeat.