Chapter 33: A Passion For Escape

Kyra's POV

"Wake up, Princess," a deep voice awakened me from my not so peaceful sleep. I felt ice on my knee and I shot up despite the pain my entire body was in.

My head felt heavy. The migraine was killing me. I couldn't even imagine how I had survived the past couple of days.

"That's cold. What are you doing?" I asked the man I recognised to be Elia, Trevor's man, who was in charge of me.

He ignored me and ripped my jeans on the knees. My knee was swollen and throbbing in pain. When his fingers made contact with my knee, I winced in pain.

"If you make it out alive, this knee is going to give you problems for quite some time. You might need some crutches or a wheelchair," he said, rubbing in the ice. I screamed in pain and immediately, he jumped on top of me and covered my mouth, muffling my scream.

"Are you crazy, Princess? I'm trying to help you here," he grunted through gritted teeth.

"Elia, is everything okay in there?" I heard a voice ask from outside. Elia covered my mouth much more tightly and motioned for me to keep my mouth shut. I nodded.

"Everything is good. She's just being dramatic as usual," he called back, slowly lifting his body off mine.

"Do you need help with her?"

"No. We're good."

"Hurry up and get out of there in five minutes," the voice commanded and Elia replied accordingly. It must have been his superior or someone he answered to but it wasn't Trevor. I hadn't seen him in about four days.

Elia stood up and crouched close to the bed.

"Listen here, Princess. I'm just trying to help you, okay? If you don't cooperate, you are the one who'll suffer," he whispered, cupping my tear stained cheeks.

"If you really wanna help me then help me out of here. I have to go home," I repeated the plea I bugged him with everyday.

Elia looked somewhere around my age. He was always gentle with me except when Trevor or any of his mates were around. He never talked much but when he did talk, he was friendly and I found it easy to talk to him.

"I already said no," he replied, authority crawling into his voice. Sometimes he did get scary.

"Think about it, Elia. My husband is a billionaire. The Casellas are billionaires. You'll get a billion times the amount Trevor is offering you," I tried again, squeezing a convincing tone into my weak voice.

"I've already thought about that. I know I'll make big, but I'll die before spending it. Helping you is pointless and stupid. You can barely even walk. You're weak, Princess. We won't even leave this room successfully."

"Don't you have a sister or a wife? Won't you have any mercy on me?" I pleaded.

"You know it's impossible. The boss will be here anytime soon. He has to leave the country tomorrow. Tonight is the big night, Princess," he whispered in a lower tone.

My heart clenched at the thought of it. All along Trevor just came, kissed me, fooled around and beat me up. I thought he was losing interest in me, but no. He still had plans to have sex with me.

"I'm not doing it. I can't. My body aches already. My head is pounding. I won't survive it," I whispered, tears of helplessness falling down my cheeks. I cried silently.

"You have to. Just be an adult, okay? Take it as an unimportant one night stand. He'll be done with you by morning and he'll let you go. You'll be reunited with your family by morning tomorrow," he tried to convince me.