Chapter 1: Black Sheep Of The Family

Kyra's POV

"Kyra!" my elder sister, Lisa, shouted from downstairs. I was up in my bedroom reading some magazine I had found on the couch downstairs.

I didn't have the power to answer because it was obviously one of her tantrums. It was always the torture Kyra game in this house.

"Kyra London Casella!" she shouted. She was probably trudging upstairs now. My family members calling me by my full name meant fire. I had asked for it anyway but was it really necessary to answer a scolding call?

In two minutes my door burst open revealing Lisa. She glared at me with her you-have-not-seen-the-last-of-me eye.

"I've been calling you for ages yet you've been here all along pretending you couldn't hear me, Kyra and what on earth are you doing with my magazine. I thought I warned you not to touch my things without my permission," she hissed snatching the magazine away from me leaving marks on my hand with her long expensive nails.

As if the drama wasn't enough, my mother, Flavia Casella, made her entry with her other son aka Lisa's twin brother, Layton, right behind her. Save me, Lord.

"Can we ever get peace in this house? What's the ruckus about now?" Mom asked.

I remained silent looking at them. I didn't want any trouble.

"I think it's high time you got rid of Kyra, Mother. I just can't stand her anymore. You have to take action," Lisa flared folding her arms.

"Kyra, what have you done this time?" Mom asked shooting me daggers.

Of course, in terms of picking sides, my mom always favored her eldest two.

"Does it always have to be my fault or something I did Mom?" I said softly looking straight into her eyes.

If someone was to come up with a theory that she wasn't my biological mother and they weren't my biological siblings I'd believe them without a second thought.

"Show some respect to your mother, Kyra," Layton warned typing something on his phone. He was just like the rest.

"Does she ever respect me? It's like she has two children and I'm just a nobody in this house."

"Yes, that's what you are! You thought you were some princess? You disgust me. You resemble nothing Casella worthy. You are a disgrace to our family," Lisa spat at me venomously.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. Yes, I knew that was the case but they didn't have to rub it in my face. My eyes had already welled up tears threatening to spill.

"Why? What did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve all this hatred from you?"

My eyes were filled to the brim with tears but it didn't faze them even one bit.

"Dad died because of you, Kyra. It was purely your fault. I just wish it had been you who died in that accident not him. We will never forgive you for snatching away the best man from this planet," Layton spat at me.

If I had been close to him he'd have slapped me hard.

"How was I supposed to know we'd crash that day?" I defended myself.

"You were stubborn to go out, Kyra. Your childish tantrums cost me my husband, Kyra."

"But..."

"Has anyone ever told you how irritating your voice is? Your voice is so low and scratching. Maybe you should try and speak less because I'm sure no one would be interested in hearing your voice," Lisa advised and walked out without waiting for my reply.